This is what is going on in my little bit of the world..January 4 2010 at 5:18 PM
Spooot (Login Spooot)
John and I have decided to move back to Oklahoma..I didn't think I would ever say that. But things have changed here in Louisiana with his kids, I can no longer trust them nor depend on them if anything should happen to their dad.
Not to mention I hate the inheritance laws here, it takes control completely away from the husband or wife, his kids could take half of everything we have if he should pass while we are here. Although I plan on getting that little issue taken care of in the interim, getting everything we own transferred into my name.
Our target is a year or a year and half which ever comes first. My goal is to get the heck out of here as soon as possible. I know it's colder and more windy up there, but at least I have family there that can help me if I need help with John and be more than willing to help if I need it. I don't have that here, and with John's age approaching 73 that is a big concern for me.
On the work front we have already booked 30 schools for 2010, from here in Louisiana to Wyoming. It looks like it is going to be a busy year for us.
- Oh my ... and you have that lovely old house. But, there are other houses and - sleepless on Jan 4, 2010, 5:26 PM
- Wow...lots of changes coming your way...sounds like it will - myjimmydog on Jan 4, 2010, 5:52 PM
- Well, starting with the good news first - excellent news about the work front ... - BB1 on Jan 4, 2010, 7:11 PM
- I absolutely LOVE& admire the fact that you see this so clearl;y, have options and - grape on Jan 4, 2010, 8:26 PM
- Big changes coming your way & I wish you only the very best. - mooch on Jan 5, 2010, 6:10 AM
- Gosh... I think you are doing what's best for you and that is important... - dianamite on Jan 5, 2010, 6:48 AM
- I was wondering, after your last trip if you were still planning on going to Oklahoma!! - Annie on Jan 5, 2010, 8:52 AM