24 hours and counting!!April 14 2010 at 8:30 AM
Annie (Login Aneesa)
Ugh! My system just does not want to stabilize! Right now I am restricted to bananas and rice! Ugh! Our new neighbor does acupressure and reflexology and she has offered to do an hour treatment on me this afternoon to try and handle my anxiety. So, I hope that helps a little to get me through the night and the 2 1/2 hour drive to the hospital in the morning. Once I get to the hospital, they can do with me what they want. I just hope it involves drugs!!!! LOL!! I normally hate taking drugs but I just want this over!
I have never suffered from anxiety before in my life and this is no fun! I am probably torturing myself more than what I will experience after the surgery!!
The hospital is a really nice hospital. All rooms are private, once I check in I get a tracking number which is given to the family. From home, Austin can get on-line and they have a color coded systems that will tell him where I am at all times. They update it every 30 seconds. There are at least 10 different colors so it is fairly detailed. He will know when I get to my room, when I am in pre-op, when surgery starts, etc.
Shortly after I get out of surgery, they will have a machine attached to my knee that will automatically start exercising it. When I am able, I will start to adjust the machine to gradually extend the range of motion.
I should be coming home on Sunday. They will not send me home until I can walk enough to get myself to and from the bathroom and do small tasks. There is even the possibility they can get me to maneuver stairs before I come home so I can get upstairs to our bedroom and the computers.
I am allowed to bring my little netbook to the hospital so if I am not too drugged up or too tired from all the work they are going to make me do, I might be able to check in here and let you know how I am doing.
|This message has been edited by Aneesa on Apr 14, 2010 8:32 AM|
- Oh, Annie... will use all my best wishes for you.... - dianamite on Apr 14, 2010, 8:52 AM
- (((((( Annie)))))))) will be thinking of you nt - rooo @ work on Apr 14, 2010, 9:13 AM
- Relax. Forget about why you'll be there and look at it as a vacation .... - BB1 on Apr 14, 2010, 10:40 AM
- The hospital sounds really nice. I am sorry about your anxiety. - sleepless on Apr 14, 2010, 12:29 PM
- Thoughts & prayers coming your way. - mooch on Apr 14, 2010, 12:36 PM
- Mention anxiety to them when you get there, and in no time...... - Pay on Apr 14, 2010, 12:43 PM
- ((((Annie)))). Good thoughts and thinking about you. nt - myjimmydog on Apr 14, 2010, 7:54 PM