Yesterday! Hey Temp, it is not so bad, take note!!! LOL!!!May 27 2010 at 9:51 AM
Annie (Login Aneesa)
Yesterday was my big day, my six week checkup with my knee surgeon. It was a long day, 2 ½ hours up to Eugene, a quick shopping spree at Trader Joes, and then off to the doctors office. They first had to take x-rays and then he was running late so a long wait to see the doctor. Two hours at the doctors office and then the return trip home. We didnt get home until 7pm. It was exhausting but I am a happy camper.
My surgeon says that I am in the top 5% of his recovery patients at the 6 week point. He was thrilled with my progress and the x-rays show my knee is perfect. He seemed very impressed with how much progress I had made and after we finished stroking each other for our accomplishments, he said that really 50% of the battle is in the head of the patient! He has authorized 16 more physical therapy sessions but said to play it by ear and do them only until I feel I have done as much as is productive. He actually seemed happy that if I made no further progress I would be fine but my knee is far too stiff to stop now, I want more mobility! I was on cloud nine because I had heard stories of how it sometimes takes over 6 MONTHS to get to this point.
I have been working really hard on my therapy, and it is painful. But I am in no pain when just walking or climbing stairs. I have found that when one can control when they feel pain, like when doing the exercises, it is a lot easier to endure more pain, and then it can be controlled with ice packs until it calms down. He said I was doing everything right and to just keep it up. I take a pain pill before therapy so that my knee can be pushed to the limit and then ice it right after. I really believe that I have been able to progress so quickly is because of my exercise bike. I have a special routine that I do that gives me very quick results and I can almost see improvement daily. I have a really amazing physical therapist and without him, I could never have done this well. I really lucked out!
- (((( Annie ))))) so glad you are doing so well! Congrats! nt - rooo @ work on May 27, 2010, 10:11 AM
- huge accomplishment, Annie!! congrats :) ... nt - dianamite on May 27, 2010, 10:13 AM
- WooHoo! ((Annie)) nt - mooch on May 27, 2010, 10:24 AM
- That is awesome to hear! My mom is at the 6 way mark - Pay on May 27, 2010, 11:07 AM
- hard work and good going. nm - grape on May 27, 2010, 11:11 AM
- That's wonderful news Annie!!! nt - sleepless on May 27, 2010, 1:11 PM
- That's certainly good knews - TemporaryName on May 27, 2010, 1:16 PM
- Uuughhh...long azz day! Glad it is all good....at least you - myjimmydog on May 28, 2010, 7:03 AM