Return to Index  

I volunteered at Vacation Bible School today.

June 17 2010 at 5:53 PM

mooch  (Login 57tbird)

Story teller duty: Told the story about the Good Samaritan 4 times to different age groups. Then share how  we can translate what we heard into our daily lives. You never know how kids will answer questions - some have very vivid imaginations and can take the entire story off to a direction that it was never intended to go. LOL With the word of the day being"CARE" = a question to ask was what would you do if a stranger wanted you to help them find a lost puppy another was what would you do if a stranger stopped & asked you for directions.... all good learning situations that taught that they need to care about other people BUT must be sure it is a safe situation for them & they should get an adult. Some kids can take those scenarios to places I'll probably have nightmares about! Another group was asked what they'd do if their friend's kite was  caught in a tree - I NEVER expected an answer of 'buy them a new one'. But my all-time favorite for the day was the little boy who raised his hand to answer my question about what would you do if your friend forgot his lunch - I was looking for share your lunch with them (especially since they had learned about the meaning of the word SHARE on Wednesday)  His answer: BUY Him A Burrito. ROFLMAO

OH

IO

Respond to this message   
Responses