<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

what is the best trip you have ever taken(omaha steak ?)

January 3 2012 at 10:11 AM

grape  (Login grapejell)
Registered Users

i got to be in east germany right after the Wall came down but before the reunification of Germany. there were no hotels,(we'd ask around town who wanted to rent us a room in their home!) grocery stores had no fresh food, but maybe a few potatoes and they were the size of your living room probly)(the store not the potato), the cobblestone streets were a mess, there was scaffordling on every other house it seemed, in case the family living in it was able to buy a few bricks or new window on the black market. Churches rarely had the steeple any mopre(WWII)
all the buildings that were once white were yellowish grey due to horrible polution .
that same polution made for some of the most spectacular sunsets.
There were still soldiers marching in 4s stick legged thru the streets.)and you do NOT take their picture...OPPS)

This message has been edited by grapejell on Jan 3, 2012 10:14 AM
This message has been edited by grapejell on Jan 3, 2012 10:13 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Premier Login BB1Fan)
Forum Owner

You did say 'best' right ??? ...

January 3 2012, 10:49 AM 

A short trip to London in 2005 with Jennifer was wonderful, but I think my favorite trip ever was my 50th to Vegas with Jen and Michael. We were all emotional after just putting down our beloved cat (best pet EVER) the day before, it was a crazy car trip, Michael and I went skydiving, we laughed, we cried, we ate, we drank - it was a fantastic weekend!

I've never been to Omaha Steak ; )

Respond to this message   

(Login weedqqq)

I believe Omaha Steak comes to you. nt

January 3 2012, 11:24 AM 

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login BB1Fan)
Forum Owner

HA! We are both wrong ...

January 3 2012, 12:55 PM 

Well, kind of.

I have been to Omaha Steaks, there's a store in Huntington Beach.

Have to add that one to the list of hot spots I've visited.

And that gives me an idea for my final, late, Christmas gift. I've been wondering what to give a couple who love to grill out.

Respond to this message   

(Login weedqqq)

I shoulda known they had a store somewhere...

January 3 2012, 1:01 PM 

and by inference that you've been to it.

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login BB1Fan)
Forum Owner

I remembered going into a meat place and had to google ...

January 3 2012, 1:15 PM 

It was ridiculously expensive and I left right away. Looking at the sale prices online today they aren't too bad. I guess it's safe to use them, they've been around a long time.

Respond to this message   

grape
(Login grapejell)
Registered Users

ok, yea, mine does not sound anywhere near as relaxing or invigerating.

January 8 2012, 1:07 PM 

but i LOVE hearing about all you guys adventures.
diana, i LUCKED out finding turtle to retire and travel with me., maynerd is not a big travelor.so i KNOW what you mean about having the time but no one to go with.

Respond to this message   

weed
(Login weedqqq)

Well, the best so far...

January 3 2012, 11:23 AM 

Would be touring the Galapagos Islands with Mrs. Weed and all the kids. Words really can't describe the place.
In addition, it was the last full family trip before kids started going off to college, and one of the few family
trips where nobody had a 'melt down'.
We didn't do scuba at the time, so Mrs. Weed and I hope to go back just for the diving but, alas, it's highly
unlikely we'll travel with all the kids for a long time to come.

But really, the best trip is always the next one.

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login BB1Fan)
Forum Owner

I like that sentiment ...

January 3 2012, 1:03 PM 

I've heard a few people say that their vacation to the Galapagos Islands was their favorite. I don't know that I could do the scuba diving - as obsessed as I am with water, I have issues with being under it. But it sounds beautiful and I'd like to see the islands.

Respond to this message   

weed
(Login weedqqq)

We didn't dive on that trip, but there's nothing more fun than....

January 3 2012, 2:47 PM 

snorkeling with baby seals. They're like flying puppies.

Respond to this message   

grape
(Login grapejell)
Registered Users

that would be grand. nm

January 12 2012, 10:53 AM 

Respond to this message   

dianamite
(Login dianamite01)

So many good memories of quite a few trips, but the one that

January 3 2012, 2:31 PM 

I will say was the best, cause it can never happen again, is the trip to Italy with my Aunt Angie in the early 80s. She passed away a year ago. We had such a good time and laughed a LOT... sharing memories to last a lifetime.

We booked onto the tail end of a charter they were trying to fill. Two weeks in Italy, all hotels and transportation (even flights there & back) were included... for $900. That price will never come around again.

Respond to this message   

(Login weedqqq)

The way things are going in Italy you might be able to buy a villa soon...

January 3 2012, 2:45 PM 

but the flight over will cost ya'.

I almost chose a trip with Mama Weed for the same reason.

Respond to this message   

dianamite
(Login dianamite01)

wouldn't that be awesome!! to own a villa and pretend to be a

January 3 2012, 2:52 PM 

rich biotch?

I wish I had taken more time like that. When you get old(er) like I am and can take more trips because I have the time.... I take less of the adventurous types because of knees - or whatever (you get the point). Those that are willing to "possibly" travel" work and/or can't go. Those that are also retired cannot afford to go.... Going by oneself gets old.

Respond to this message   

(Login weedqqq)

Youth is wasted on the young...

January 3 2012, 3:01 PM 

Though, my oldest kid is traveling the world (Christmas at the Taj Mahal) and I envy him. I'm a little old for hostels and such, but I hope to keep my health long enough for some adventures after #3 graduates.

Respond to this message   

dianamite
(Login dianamite01)

I agree.... life is backwards, lol. Hope your hope comes true. nt

January 3 2012, 4:01 PM 

Respond to this message   

grape
(Login grapejell)
Registered Users

I agree I agree. when i graduated from college, my then

January 9 2012, 11:56 AM 

bf and I went across country in a9 yr. old tiny vwbug, that had to go in 2nd gear over the Rockies. we did something ...um where did the rest of that sentence go? the darn phone musta rung or maybe a bird flew by. it does not take much these days.
we went 10,000 in 2 months, then the car broke down on 60th and ne glisan in Portland across from an apt for rent sign. i have been here since. so is that old bf i think too. last i heard anyway.

Respond to this message   

grape
(Login grapejell)
Registered Users

i finished my sentence above, only took what? 2, 3? days...nm

January 11 2012, 4:52 PM 

Respond to this message   

mooch
(Login 57tbird)

Hard to choose...

January 3 2012, 3:10 PM 

Probably the last family trip taken (Spring 1965) with my parents, brother & sister to visit oldest brother when he was in the service. Within the year both brothers & sister were married & expecting. My life changed forever. 

There have been many trips taken with Mr Mooch - Hawaii, Germany, Paris but going to Disney was probably the most fun trip.  

OH

IO

Respond to this message   

dianamite
(Login dianamite01)

I know... so hard to choose! nt

January 3 2012, 4:05 PM 

Respond to this message   
Misty22
(Login Misty22)
Registered Users

Trip to Europe with my 11-year old son . . . . .

January 3 2012, 3:37 PM 

And he is now 49. We spent five nights in Rome (stayed at a convent a couple blocks from St. Peter's), then two weeks traveling around Spain staying at little hotels where the locals stayed (and a little Spanish was needed), then two nights in Lisbon on the way home.

But for just plain fun, any trip to the Disney parks -- I have been to Disneyland four times and to Disneyland once.

Respond to this message   

dianamite
(Login dianamite01)

what a nice long trip with your son! :) nt

January 3 2012, 4:03 PM 

Respond to this message   

myjimmydog
(Login myjimmydog)

Wow...That is hard to choose...

January 4 2012, 5:13 AM 

I have two fav's that come to mind...so completely different...1st trip we took Little Dog to Disneyland..Just to see the magic in his eyes. Such great memories. Another fav was when Mr. Dog and I went with about 10 friends and rented a house in Maui.

No Room for nt

Know This...I like Squirrels

Respond to this message   

weed
(Login weedqqq)

I imagine Little Dog's eyes lit up like mine the first time I saw Bourbon Street. nt

January 4 2012, 9:38 AM 

Respond to this message   

myjimmydog
(Login myjimmydog)

You betcha!! nt

January 5 2012, 5:02 AM 

No Room for nt

Know This...I like Squirrels

Respond to this message   

grape
(Login grapejell)
Registered Users

oh yea! my one visit one day at disneyland was A-MAZ- ing.nm

January 8 2012, 1:08 PM 

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - what is the best trip you have ever taken(omaha steak ?)
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement