2014 Local Cross Country Invite Schedule
Results are on the Home Page
18 Oct- So. CAL Invite
24 Oct: Kit Carson (Jaguar) Invite
Oct 24-25 Mt. SAC Invite

The Coach Bob Larson Story
"City Slickers Can't Stay With Me"

Training, Clinics, and Camps:
Kids Ongoing: 2nd Recess Youth Running Program (Tuesdays in Balboa Park)

Prolific Athletes: Speed Training

Movin' Shoes Store San Diego Track Magazine

Voice...

by Chris Ruff

this guy had consistently for over 2 years used this forum to bash anyone he could possible find, usually an outstanding athlete. One athlete in particular was singled out most often and accused by this poster of academic fraud etc. The apologist's IP address was used by a parent who frequents this board to actually find his home address and the poster was directly confronted by the parent!

The poster is not a student , but a grown man with a surprising profession. I feel this board is EXACTLY the place for his apology post, because he angered so many in here and frankly said some vicious things about multiple outstanding high school athletes that frequent this board.

"Voice" you've been around a while on this board, I would have thought you more appreciative of the post. Perhaps you just weren't aware of what prompted the apology. I hope this sheds some light.

Those of us who have had family members or friends with drugs or alcohol addictions can appreciate his statement of hitting "rock bottom" and his recognition that he has a problem. As I said in my first response to this thread, I think it takes a lot of courage to post what he posted. You might feel it pathetic, but I felt it was a great and genuine first step.

Posted on Jun 21, 2010, 3:20 PM
from IP address 68.105.77.151

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Responses

There are only two true sports: Track and Cross Country.
All the rest are just games.