2018 San Diego Section Track and Field Schedule Meet directors... Most of the links below are to Athletic.net.
If you have a flyer or more specific link, send it to me.
* Indicates link other than Athletic.net
** Indicates Results Link
Five additional highlights In addition to the performances mentioned by Mr. Brand:
1. I was impressed by the Mission Hills 10th grader Suzie Acolatse in the girls 100 meter race. (12.12 just barely wind-aided)--she looks effortlessly fast. Definitely someone to watch for throughout the year.
2. Scripps Ranch Brian Thomas in winning the 400-- his time wasn't that great, 50.55, but he's another runner with great looking form. Looking at his Athletic.net, I notice he's pretty versatile, running all the sprints, long jumping and high jumping.
3. In the 300m Hurdles, Jessica Garcia of RB, running only with her teammate, ran a pretty good early season time, 45.09, which I note was faster than her time last year. Later in the year, with a full field of competition, I wouldn't be surprised to see her cut several seconds off that.
4, By far the most exciting race for me was the boys DMR, with Tal Braude and Forrest Riley both starting their miles about a half a lap back, to finish with a battle down the straightaway, won by Riley. The boys distance races will be fun to watch in the next couple of invitationals!
5. As usual great announcing by Coach Ruff, accomplishing the difficult job of maintaining impartiality even as his son, Tyler tried to run for victory in the frosh mile--challenging the lead for 3 laps before finishing 3rd in a very respectable time of 4:47.19.
All in all, a really enjoyable meet. Looking forward to the Falcon Relays, next week.
Posted on Mar 10, 2013, 3:59 PM from IP address 188.8.131.52