plugh@crowncity.com

Coaches Wanted Board
Athletic.net front page

Prep Cal Track                                                
Cal Runners

Union Tribune Prep Sports
TrackMag Home Page

Oceanside Summer Running Program June 27 - Aug 1st Tuesday and Thursday

Joe Vigil San Diego Running Clinic featuring Dr. Joe Vigil, September 2nd at Function Smart Physical Therapy in Sorrento Valley.

2017 CC INVITES
26 Aug:Vaquero Stampede
1 Sept : Wolf Pack Invite
8 Sept: Mustang Invite
9 Sept: Bronco Roundup
13 Sept: HTHNC Small School Invite
16 Sept: Mt. Carmel Invite
22 Sept: South Bay Invite
29 Sept: Coach Downey Classic D-4,5
7 Oct: SoCal Invite

20 Oct: Kit Carson Invite

If your invite is missing or if you have fliers or links let me know.

Summer High School run Schedule

MesserLA84 Cross Country Clinic

With Dr. Jeff Messer July 22, Mt SAC.
Free

Coaches Cross Country Clinics

by George Green

There are 2 cross country clinics this summer (see link at the top).
Below is the notification from Tim O'Rourke.
What he says about Dr. Jeff Messer below is spot on.
I was at a standing-room only presentation by him at an advanced clinic in Feb.
I also have presentations by him via Jay Johnson's program.
I you like drinking great information from a fire hose this presentation is for you... bring a recorder happy.gif
-George Green
========================================================================

Hello my friends,

I know we are right in the middle of the championship season for track, but I wanted to let you know about the great lineup of presenters we have set for this summer’s LA84 Foundation Cross Country Coaches Clinics.

We will be offering a full Advanced Level Clinic and Beginning Level clinic on each date, so you can make plans for all of your staff to attend one or both clinics. And, of course, both clinics are presented absolutely FREE for all coaches and interested adults who would like to attend.

Our first summer clinic, June 10, will have three of the most successful coaches in California -- Ken Reeves, Foothill Technology HS (Ventura); Brad Peters, King HS (Riverside); and Joe Robles, Roosevelt HS (Eastvale) -- specifically presenting on how to build a program that will be successful year after year and how to plan and implement an effective summer training program.

Our second clinic, July 22, will offer a unique opportunity that is not to be missed. We will actually offer two full Advanced Clinics on the same day.

One of the Advanced Clinics will be a full day seminar with Dr. Jeff Messer. No clinician in the past decade has been more well-received than Dr. Messer at our clinics. He is sought after as a clinician all over the country, and we will have him presenting for the entire day.

Dr. Messer, over the past few years, has been creating an evolving presentation entitled, "Endurance Training: Current Science & Application to Training Program Design,” which contains 18 separate science-based components.He will present this entire program over the span of the full clinic day.

At the same time, we will offer another Advanced Clinic devoted to the unique challenges faced by Division 4 and 5 schools. Ken Reeves and Andy Visokey, whose teams won the 2016 California State Division 4 and 5 Cross Country titles, will present their training programs and the key components that led their teams to the top of the podium.

You can save yourself a great deal of time the morning of the clinic by registering online on our website. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for LA84 program updates.

The cost is absolutely free to everyone thanks to the great sponsorship of the LA84 Foundation. You will be able to see the agendas for the June 10 and July 22 clinics online. We will also be having a third clinic in August, with more details to come.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me (LA84orourke@yahoo.com) or Michael Salmon (msalmon@la84.org).

Thanks,
Tim O’Rourke

Posted on May 29, 2017, 12:59 AM
from IP address 108.89.202.45

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Quantcast
There are only two true sports: Track and Cross Country.
All the rest are just games.