Milesplit
Union Tribune Prep Sports
TrackMag Home Page

San Diego Prep Track

Coming in August...
Jay Johnson Boulder Running Camp

Info Request for SD Camp

2018 San Diego Section Track and Field Schedule
Meet directors... Most of the links below are to Athletic.net.
If you have a flyer or more specific link, send it to me.

* Indicates link other than Athletic.net
** Indicates Results Link

** 3 Feb: Winter Classic Qualifier at Del Norte HS
** 3 March: Mt. Carmel Field and Distance
** 9 March: Crusader Classic at Calvin Christian
** 10 March: Desert Classic Relays
** 10 March: Bronco Invite
** 17 March: Elmer Runge Invite at Patrick Henry
** 17 March: Falcon Relays at Torry Pines
** 17 March: Meb Keflezighi Invite SDHS
** 17 March: Sweetwater Relays at Sweetwater
** 23-24 March: Aztec Invite
** 24 March: Mt. Carmel Invite
31 March: Willie Banks Invite

* 6-7 April: Arnie Robinson Invite at Mesa College
* 7 April: Calvin Christian Small Schools Invite
* 14 April: Jaguar Invite at Valley Center
* 13-14 April: UCSD Triton Invite
14 April: Viking Relays, La Jolla HS.
21 April: Jim Cervany Invite
21 April: Mustang Relays
27 April: Escondido Invite
28 April: Frosh/Soph Invite
CIF Prelims/Finals links currently on Athletic.net are not valid as anyone can create a meet. Don't enter them on your schedule. CIF results will be uploaded after the meets are run.
2018 guidebookSteve Brand's
2018 San Diego Section
Track
Guidebook
Webmaster: George Green
plugh@crowncity.com

Calculators and Pace Tables

CIF and State CC Results and Info

Triton Invite now has High School heats for 4x100 and 4x400 Relays

Hoka postal 2-mile

by George Green for Gimi McCarthy

The Postal 2 Mile is quickly approaching and we're looking forward to an exciting evening of racing. It's time to enter your athletes for the event. I apologize for being a little vague on the entry procedure, but what we are going to do is have each team enter their athletes on the "official" entry spreadsheet, and then email it to me.You can download the entry sheet by clicking on the image at the top of this board. The spreadsheet has a limit of 21 athletes per gender. As you enter your athletes, keep in mind that we have 23 schools entered and an overall limit of 500 athetes, so I'm leaving it somewhat open because some of you have told me that you will only be bringing your varsity athletes, or a limited number of team members. Please submit the spreadsheet to me by Wednesday, October 18. This should give you enough time to determine who will be running. Keep in mind that if we have too many athletes entered in the meet, then we will have to pare it down to 500, so you may want to wait until after the 18th before you tell your athletes that they are in the meet. We will have an official time schedule up after the 18th when the entries come in, but for now, figure that the races will begin close to 4:00 p.m. and end around 8:30 p.m. ALSO: remember that there will be a mascot race, where all of our school's mascots will race against Sweet Cushion (male) and Sweetest Cushion (female) for the year's bragging rights. We hope that all of you will encourage an administrator, teacher, adult or YOU to wear the costume and compete in this fabulous race that is one of the highlights of the event. This race will be somewhere between 200 and 400 meters.

As you fill out the spreadsheet, please enter your BEST GUESS at what your athlete can do right now for the 2 mile. We have all been coaching for quite some time, so I'm confident that you will come up with fairly accurate entry marks for each of your athletes. Please be as accurate as possible. We will be seeding the races by time, so each race will have a very close spread from fastest to slowest, giving each athlete the best experience of racing and setting lifetime PR's. At the end of the evening, each of your teams will have an official Postal 2 Mile entry (top five athletes, each gender) that you will submit to hokaoneonepostalnationals.com to compare your teams to every other participant around the nation AND receive a free pair of Hoka running shoes (one per team). It's WIN, WIN, WIN!

Thank you for participating in this year's Postal Nationals event. I am confident that your athletes will really enjoy themselves and run the fastest 2 mile of their lives!
Gimi McCarthy,
University City

Posted on Oct 13, 2017, 11:57 AM
from IP address 108.89.202.45

Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home

Quantcast
There are only two true sports: Track and Cross Country.
All the rest are just games.