Starlings! A self-renewable target for all to enjoy!

Return to Forum  

Corsair pictures .....

April 27 2010 at 9:40 PM

Randy Mitchell  (Login rkmitchell)
Owner
from IP address 69.245.33.10

..... of the new .308 that I had made.

Some explanations:

The gun is, obviously, patterned after the QB-78. I thought long and hard about what I like in a hunting gun, and it was the QB-78, a classic, bolt-action single-shot rifle. The size fits a majority of shooters, and keeping it small and handy helps when you spend a day in the field.

The design was on purpose since there are already 3 different stocks available that will fit the gun without going to a custom stock maker. And there are several outfits and individuals that will make you a custom stock for this action in the event you wish to add some character to the gun you receive. The 7/8" reservoir will slide right into the standard stock of the '78 and its cousins.

Balance on the gun is right between the trigger group and the retaining screw that keeps the action in the stock.

There will be questions as to whether or not this is a simple conversion of the '78, using the stock valve, etc. Let me assure you this is a purpose-built, safety-minded design that has a proprietary valve designed specifically for this caliber and air flow needed to make it work. It is so-well fastened in that you won't be able to remove the valve unless you have a special tool to release it. The rear of the lower tube has the same cutouts as the QB-78 since I saw no reason to re-invent the wheel when there was a time-tested and very workable system that has been around for 50 years or so. What works.....works! The breech.....enlarged to handle the longest .308 slug I could find, allowing the shooter to feed 160+ grain slugs into this air gun.

Fitted with a 28" barrel, I'm looking for a shot count of 4-5 shots. Let's face it, you don't use a .308 on small game, and bigger game rarely calls for more than 2 shots before you either have your game, or it has left the country, one or the other.

Here are a few pics for you:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

As I mentioned before, the price is very competitive.....$575 for a gun w/stock. $550 if you just want the action and wish to use your own stock.

I've got 10 coming in over the next week or two. I am going to have one at the Arkansas show to demonstrate, and I hope if you are coming to the show you'll drop by my booth and check out the new Corsair .308 from Adventures in Airguns.

Randy

http://www.adventuresinairguns.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on ShootingCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement