Adventures in Airguns Store

May 2014 bring you many days of happy airgunning!
 Return to Forum  

Information

June 23 2011 at 6:14 PM
  (Login JBoyenga)
from IP address 69.161.87.201

Response to The range

Marvin,
That's an interesting post. I wonder why you think business creates enemies though? I've been selling slugs I (and mostly) my kids cast for years now and I don't think I have a single enemy as a result. Maybe that's because most of our customers ask for and get honest recommendations based on testing, results and experience. Within the last half hour I was advising a potential customer that his gun might not have the power to drive our product...

As far as your example link goes, you do realize that the variables for airguns are far greater, right? Barrett can publish detailed charts for 29 or 32 inch barrels because the propulsion is in the cartridge. How is a one or two man shop going to publish data for performance from airguns when every fill is a little different even for the same gun? Airguns have variables for starting pressure, temperature change during a shoot, hammer spring tension, hammer travel, valve performance, etc., all on top of the variables Barret mentions.

One thing airgun ammo producers CAN do is develop a rapport with their customers and gather their experience. As the shooters use the product in many different set-ups and post the results, any new customer has a better chance of seeing results with a set-up similar to his.

If you follow this link, you'll see results from actual customer usage of the .25 slugs we make. http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3929&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Since Condors are the primary market for these slugs, the talon forum is where most of the info resides. The link above is just one of many threads on that site someone can read and become better informed.

I'm happy that most of the posts reflect satisfaction with the product and none of the posts reveal an enemy as a result of doing business.

Respond to this message