Adventures in Airguns Store

May 2014 bring you many days of happy airgunning!
 Return to Forum  

thats what this forum is about

June 28 2011 at 2:47 AM
  (Login twistedlead)
from IP address 98.197.49.121

Response to Let's be innovative!

I think ideas are what this forum is about. Inovations in the big bore airgun field are creeping along. Their must be many more ideas out there that are just wasted in someones head because they keep it to themselves. lets face it, there are few builders out there and a lot of shooters. A debounce device is just the begining. But what about a regulated valve, or just a more advanced valve system. Most valves are just the same but there has to be some inovation out there. Different hammers, triggers, sears, whatever. I've seen some good post here but I've seen some hold back ideas. To make money? I don't think theres much money in it to tell the truth, but a better airgun would be a really cool thing. I started with QB78's, and their pcp hybrids. I found that a pcp with a simple valve and hammer have a limited power curve, wich is was all modern big bores are. But add a small tube with a gauge, and you get more shots per fill. like a maurader. The kick is cool in bigbore, but it's just wasted air. I get the same kick from my pcp QB78. Its the extra air that escapes after the bullet is fired. The small hole that divides the airtube from the valve seems to regulate the amount of air leaving the valve. I'm not an expert in air flow design, but it seems to allow the air in the valve to leave and not any more. Restricting the flow from the airtube while the valve is open. Just an idea.

This message has been edited by twistedlead from IP address 98.197.49.121 on Jun 28, 2011 2:48 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses