Adventures in Airguns Store

May 2014 bring you many days of happy airgunning!
 Return to Forum  

Urban Pest Control

August 2 2011 at 8:09 PM

Joe B.  (Login arrowking)
from IP address 74.236.194.138

My dad wants me to reduce the population(the more the better) of grey squirrels on a property he owns. The squirrels would get into the attic and cause a lot of damage. One thing that happened that I thought was particularly nasty was that they would get in there and not be able to get out and die. Then he would have to get up there remove the squirrel's corpse.
He's already tried trapping them and they keep coming back(the property used to be a pecan orchard). So it's my job to shoot as many as possible.

Here's the question: All shots will be under 25yards. My weapon of choice is a QB79(.177) ran from a 20oz tank with remote line. It's running CPL's at 700fps(8.6fpe), but I plan to shoot de-tipped Predators from it to reduce the risk of over penetration. Would you go for head shots or body shots? Head shots provide an instant kill, but usually makes the prey thrash around(don't want the neighbors seeing something like that go down). On the other hand I'm not sure how 8fpe and a heart/lung shot would work out. I want to anchor them right on the spot.

So close, yet so far away...

Respond to this message   
Responses