Adventures in Airguns Store

May 2014 bring you many days of happy airgunning!
 Return to Forum  

LOL..cool.. to understand what you guys think too..

November 10 2011 at 10:10 PM
Dan Kennison  (Login kennisondan)
from IP address 68.226.251.234

Response to Been begging Dennis Q for years to build this one

I can definitely identify with all the views.. bigger and bigger is the trend, and I feel that it is obvious the larger the game and more penetration and tissue damage required, weight and size gets us to the fpe that works...
I can see how I am being drawn to the larger and larger, just to ensure any sized animal can be taken cleanly and with authority..
I also see that long range requires powerful sleeker faster bullet ballistics.
I cannot imagine not getting all worked up over a double barrel.. the express rifle thing has been something I wanted for a really long time along the lines of the kodiak double barrel rifle .. and of course the real express rifles of old.. the nitro's etc. I am a romantic I guess.

Ok the thing I do not grasp is this : if you can launch the 72 cal at 700 plus fps ... what is so different than the 308 ? why not put the horsepower of the 72 prototype behind the 308.. ? how fast could it be pushed ?
it really may revolutionize the way we think of big bore airguns, right ? huge reservoir, monster valve, good length barrel ... how fast might it be ?

As far as the cylinders, for air volume, I used to think the stock full length could be cast of aluminum and wrapped in carbon fiber.. I thought that is what the deal was before I knew better and actually saw the real thing.. I know it would be expensive, but the balance, weight etc could be so sweet that for somewhere around the prices premium guns ( think steyr anschutz, etc) command now, I would bet they could be made..
what say you to all this thinking ?? lol
I love this stuff..
thanks
I hope I don't bore you all or wear you out.. but I cannot let go my silly idea that it would be so nice for the stock to look like a stock and really be a reservoir.. if it is a thumbhole stock it could hold a ton of air.. almost a ton anyway.. (just how many cc's in a ton??)
dk

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"

Respond to this message   
Responses