Adventures in Airguns Store

May 2014 bring you many days of happy airgunning!
 Return to Forum  

I can get out to 300 yards here, but I have to open the neighbors gate to do it Jerod

March 3 2012 at 10:56 AM
unrepentantsinner  (Login unrepentantsinner)
from IP address 67.142.170.22

Response to Put some more lead in it as 300 yards is a tad further than 200m and you must hit them to

And get another 5 yards off his property.

He is a trucker and hauls our grapes in the fall, so he would not mind.

And yes that Holland will eventually end up on the Ranger 45, it is that where I am at, it would decrease the down range neighbors real estate considerably if I shot my Ranger 45 at the 300 yard target. Actually there is a 40 inch Doug Fir to catch the bullets, but I just don't want to risk it.

So I am confined for now to shoot the Ranger from 25 to 100 yards and use a big butt cut, 6 foot by 3 foot, off of a Madrone for a backstop.

The neat thing about the Holland reticle is to get my 300 yard hold from the 260 yard setting, I just need to shoot it at 300 yards at the top of the target, see where it hits as the bullets drop and superinpose the reticle over it, get the MOA reading, divide it by 3 and I have the exact elevation correction.

Like I say, I used to have a 1100 yard range with a 700 steel buffalo at the end, I fired thousands and thosands of round on it over the years. The new owner will let me stay there and shoot almost anytime I wish, it is just a days drive to get there.

Oh well the trade off for getting old and still having a heart beat is that your digs need to be easier to live with.

Respond to this message   
Responses