Adventures in Airguns Store

May 2014 bring you many days of happy airgunning!
 Return to Forum  

IHEA

June 3 2012 at 12:14 PM
Ken Cox  (Login OneHole)
from IP address 75.132.5.86

The (IHEA) International Hunter Education Associations annual conference was a big step forward for Airgun hunting. On Friday, June 1st, the IHEA and the Missouri Department of Conservation sponsored a field day at the Lake City Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center. One of the featured events I was asked to coordinate was a Big Bore Airgun shoot. It should be noted that 50 states were represented including Alaska and Hawaii. There were also several representatives from other countries as well. The Big Bore Airgun shoot was a huge success as we shot non-stop from the time I arrived at 10:00am until 4:00pm.

The following day I gave a Large Bore Airgun presentation at the InterContinental Hotel in Kansas City Missouri. The advantage of having the presentation a day after the shoot was that everyone in the room had actually shot a Large Bore Airgun the day before. To say that there was a little interest in expanding the opportunity for airgun hunting sports in other states and countries was an understatement.

I want to thank all those that contributed to the success of the event and the future of Airgun Hunting.

Brian Cook and his son Nathan: Brian brought his own guns and ammunition to include his custom made .58 caliber airgun and let anyone who wanted to shoot them.

Gene Salvino at Pyramyd Air: Gene sent .45 & .50 cal Sam Yang airguns fully decked out with scopes and accessories along with ammunition.

Mark DeBoard, of Crosman, sent a fully decked out .357 Rouge, ammunition, and a .25 cal Nitro Piston. My son Jeff and (Bob Soldilivera, also of Crosman) assisted the participants shoot over 250 rounds through the Rouge alone.

Im also happy to report that my .308, .458, and .50 caliber Quackenbush air rifles fired non- stop during the event using Bob Vogel and Seth Rowland custom bullets. When I ran out I had to use round balls, regardless, the guns worked flawlessly.

Ken Cox

Respond to this message   
Responses