Adventures in Airguns Store

May 2014 bring you many days of happy airgunning!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

best way to locate good used big bore guns ?

September 3 2011 at 11:00 PM
  (Login kennisondan)
from IP address 68.226.251.234

I am watching the yellow ( not fast enough today )lol.. and reading on the forum here.. I have an itch for a big bore.. I am kind of negotiable on the caliber, they each have their adherents .. well aquainted with slow moving 45 and 44 firearms.. handloads etc..
from the start I accept those are very effective.. but have always been charmed b y the 30 caliber nine mm, 32, 357 308 etc..
I would get into it with a korean gun used or new, but would prefer one of the others available ( have to be used to touch it) have all the hpa stuff.. likely have some bullets that would be ok to start with too, depending..
what say you ?
thanks
dk

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login melloroadman)

Re: best way to locate good used big bore guns ?

September 3 2011, 11:32 PM 

Here is a link to my rifle that is F/S .Marvin
http://www.network54.com/Forum/414006/thread/1294293387/J-H-32+F-S

Respond to this message   

(Login kennisondan)

September 4 2011, 4:35 PM 

Marvin : I am trying to understand what the data is telling me about optimum fill and the RBall and conical bullet choices..
I really need to next determine what size animal with these specs can I take with a head or heart shot.. ?
where does the ammunition come from.. I can likely cast but choose not to unless pushed to it.. keeping the stuff for a rainy day..
the 311 sized balles and conicals... what is the source ?

I think the round ball will be a peircing little rascal at 1000fps... no problem there.. but the other info I am struggling with. I am comparing this to the DAQ 308 as apples to apples, I assume...I see some really heavy stuff for some of the 308s.. but around a hundred max weight for 32 cals.

where does the overlap end : what will the 32 do the same as a 45 ? (basically, like small game, no doubt, head shots, probably same results.. chest shots : up to coyote and other small game for the 32 but deer and hog with the 45 ?
not sure though...
what will the 32 take with this kind of energy ? good shots good placement assumed.
dk
I am looking at this gun and a 202s 9mm (cheaper) and a 50 daq for a bit more money

thanks..
dk
"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"

Respond to this message   

(Login melloroadman)

September 4 2011, 5:28 PM 

I cast my own bullets . I like to shoot light fast flat terjectory . I do paper mostly . This is why you see I limit my bullets to 117 grains for longer distances . I shoot the same bullets in my 308 Corsair but size them down for it . Most choose to shoot heavier slower bullets . Never had a DAQ to compare this too . A little heavier spring and this would produce more energy or a pro tune would up the energy as well . I went lighter springs for the light bullets and lower fill rates for paper .
Rifle should take up to a small or mediume size hog with proper shot placement at 50 yards . I have a 201 that was a good shooter but not as versitale as this . I changed the barrel on it and it is now a .251 .This rifle should do coyote out to 75 -100 yards the 201 was done at 65 yards . I know this rifle is very accurate now and will except off the self bullets from 8-20 bhn . Will clover 3 shoot groups 1 fill all day long at 65 yards and better .
Most 45 calibers will take big hogs out to 50 yards no problem .The stock 909 are a push farther than that but the remander will go beyound that with out any problems .
I believe the energy in this rifle is about the same as a 308 DAQ . The top picture is in stock forum with a fill of 3600 psi. The bottom picture is with the lighter fills to conserve air . Takes 10 minutes to change the spring Thanks for looking Marvin

Respond to this message   

(Login tworr)

It is nice to have so many choices.

September 5 2011, 12:19 PM 

There are so many Bigbores to choose from.

You could get a Haley directly for him for about the same price in other calibers or the Corsair and the Korean rifles from Randy Mitchell in this forum's store. He is the one that is gracious enough to host this forum that we love so much. There's also the Quackenbush guns that are hard to get. If money isn't an issue a used one can be had.

It is nice to have so many choices .

Good luck finding your special Bigbore!!!

Respond to this message   

(Login NRG2SPAIR)

Ask . Some will contact u via Email and some will call .

September 4 2011, 7:29 PM 

Some will try to push junk on you so get the gunfax oh weight sorry nun yet . But no one here will try n sell u a lemon . 8 miles from my house and i still haven't shot his usft and he hasn't got to try and cock #1 IMAGINE THAT .

Respond to this message   
Tofazfou
(Login Tofazfou)

Pure awesomeness. That pig is DONE!

September 4 2011, 11:40 PM 

nice shooting

Respond to this message   

(Login melloroadman)

Dan

September 5 2011, 3:59 PM 

Randy has used rifles on consignment some times . If he has not contacted you already you might e-mail him as well . The Corsair rifle he makes is a very good rifle . That is why I have two of them . There are a lot of choices for sure . And as you probably know a used DAQ goes for about twice what a new one does . And yes for about the same money that I am asking for my JH you can buy a new one for . If you want to wait for it . I was told when I bought this rifle that the JH line held its value well and used ones were selling for the same as new . So with what Reba has told me in the past I feel I am not out of line with my pricing . And the rifle is a good looking , accurate rifle , the condition is like new . Well worth keeping or buying . Good luck .Marvin

Respond to this message   

(Login NRG2SPAIR)

His biggest problem is weather or not he wants to legaly take deer

September 5 2011, 10:44 PM 

a 22 can kill them and your gun is first in line for what he has seen so far but Dan don't by new or pay more than new is basically his motto so that's probably where he's at

Respond to this message   

Jim Fisher
(Login mtnfish)

Joe Bontrager .308 BSM

September 20 2011, 12:02 PM 

I have a Bontrager super magnum comming up for sale. I just need to replace the spring so it gets 300fpe again. Only doing 200fpe right now due to the old spring. If your interested I'll send you more pics.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

"Good to the last shot."
jim@fishandfurtaxidermy.com
http://www.fishandfurtaxidermy.com

Respond to this message   

(Login kennisondan)

thanks brothers.. I am not sure what happened but I have two..

September 24 2011, 3:22 PM 

one used 202 9mm tuned by will Piatt and one daq carbine 50 cal used safe queen... I should not drink and surf, I guess.. lol..
Now I am just needing to learn to use these and make more money for more bullets and toys.. got a shoebox with my name on it coming just need some 50 cal boolets and balls and then some shoot time..
and I guess I need to try to sweet talk jerod into psmaii.. unless the daq 50 is powerful enough that I don't need more air in it..
lol
I just don't know..
I APPRECIATE EVERYONE'S RESPONSE..WAS TRYING TO BE A GOOD SHOPPER AND CHECK IT ALL OUT.. AND THEN I WOKE UP WITH SOME EMAILS ABOUT MY PURCHASES.. I think Jerod T did this in some way ... is he a computer hacker or something ??
lol
dk

"HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL"

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - best way to locate good used big bore guns ?
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum