Adventures in Airguns Store

May 2014 bring you many days of happy airgunning!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Let's Cash Mob someone......have you heard of it? I vote we do it to Mike Melick!

January 26 2012 at 2:52 PM

Randy Mitchell  (Premier Login rkmitchell)
Forum Owner
from IP address 69.245.32.162

If you haven't heard of the phenomenon where mobs go to small mom and pop stores and buy their stuff there, even if just for one day, then you need to do a search for it.

In favor of the little guy, why don't we Cash Mob someone? One of the most deserving guys I can think of to Mob would be Mike Melick at flyingdragonairrifles.

Mike is one of the nicest and most helpful guys out there, and I think he would be a good first candidate for the Airgun Cash Mob.

Could we set a date and give a good bunch of business to a deserving small store? Someone who makes our airgunning that much more fun?

Randy

http://www.adventuresinairguns.com

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login rzrbax)
Moderators

I second the motion

January 26 2012, 8:35 PM 

Mike is a terrific guy and an airgunning treasure. He has probably done more to improve the Chinese airgun offerings than anyone alive. We just need a date.

Bill

Bill Dempsey
bdempsey@swat.coop

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login rkmitchell)
Forum Owner

All next week so as to not overwhelm him with one day of stuff.....

January 26 2012, 9:52 PM 

mailto:flyingdragonairrifles@hotmail.com
Bestairgun.com 515-924-3699

And please, folks, don't take any of this suggestion the wrong way. You are asked to simply CONSIDER how much you might help by just buying a few items you would buy anyway from an individual who has helped nearly everyone he comes in contact with in the airgun world. Directing your money and buying power for a single purchase isn't going to put someone else out of business. Pyramyd will never miss the money. Airguns of Arizona will hardly notice. I won't notice, and I'm a small dealer as well.

So if you get the chance next week, send Mike some business. It will be interesting to see how things do or don't happen.

Randy

Respond to this message   

(Login dkour)

Great Idea and needed

January 28 2012, 6:35 AM 

I just had to close a small retail business in part because of people buying from larger chains and big online shops.
Having the time now I just got back into my Airguns.
Like an idiot I immediately went to google to see who had the best price on a P-Rod and bought it from Pyramyd with an 11% off coupon.
What was I thinking ! In the big picture will I really need the $30 I might of saved? I feel as petty as the people who were instrumental in putting my shop out of business by buying elsewhere for a few dollars less in spite of my excellent reputation for customer service.
In fact I know Mike from 4 years ago and now feel "More stupid".
It is and should be my mission to help the small guy for the rest of my life.
Randy you're alright! I responded to this a couple of days ago and asked we consider a date for the Cash Mob but I ordered a gun from Mike before you posted the suggestion of next week.
I feel a little bit better now.
P.S. Was this deleted from the GTA?
Dan

N.E.Dan 30+ self tuned rifles and 20+ pistols to date!!

Respond to this message   

(Premier Login rkmitchell)
Forum Owner

Not deleted from GTA.....didn't post there....feel free to put it there....

January 28 2012, 9:35 AM 

....as long as it is okay with the mods over there.

Only so much time in a day, and adding another forum to follow takes a lot of time!

Randy

Respond to this message   

(Login dkour)

Done!

January 30 2012, 6:56 PM 

This mourning. Then I ordered a rex scope.

N.E.Dan 30+ self tuned rifles and 20+ pistols to date!!

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Let's Cash Mob someone......have you heard of it? I vote we do it to Mike Melick!
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum