Modern car fuel efficiencyMarch 13 2012 at 10:46 PM
Les (Login POP22)
If the 1986 Doge Colt I once owned got 42mpg (actual)highway, with a carburetor, not fuel injection, no computer, them why do modern cars all suck when it comes to gas mileage? Show me one that gets 48+mpg and I'll be impressed. my dodge is long gone, just questioning modern car fuel efficiency . My 2006 Suzuki Forenza gets 28mpg highway on a good day. My 59 Chevy 4dr. Belair, that weighed just shy of 2 tons, (3940lbs.), got 25mpg!
Know guns, Know peace, know liberty.
No guns, no peace no liberty.
- Know why? - Harvey on Mar 13, 2012, 10:58 PM
- VW TDI 2006 - Chris__Colorado on Mar 13, 2012, 11:50 PM
- Re: Modern car fuel efficiency - Mike on Mar 13, 2012, 11:58 PM
- A few factors come to mind - Garrett in STL on Mar 14, 2012, 12:00 AM
- Ethanol is one of the factors - RedFeather on Mar 14, 2012, 12:22 AM
- one word..weight. We expect power windows, power door locks, AC, heated, power seats - scot laughlin on Mar 14, 2012, 1:33 AM
- used to get 52 MPG - Graeme on Mar 14, 2012, 1:53 AM
- Say what you will about the "WHYS" - BBGun Bob on Mar 14, 2012, 9:26 AM
- the echo did pretty good - chuck on Mar 14, 2012, 3:25 PM
- Small cars today weigh more and make 2x the power Your colt weighed 1900lbs and made 68 hp - scottro on Mar 14, 2012, 7:50 PM
- Last year was the highest MPG for fleet mileage - M'hackett on Mar 14, 2012, 7:54 PM
- My first car in. 1969 got 35-38 mpg - M'Hackett on Mar 14, 2012, 8:29 PM