Return to Index  

Writers/Players

April 9 2012 at 11:14 PM
  (Login b0bp)
YC

Response to Say what you will, Harvey.....

John Coltrane has got to be up there with the best of the writers and tenor sax players. The album "Giant Steps" is one of my favorites. If I had to pick a music clip to post it would have to be "Naima." I believe all the music on the entire album was written by Coltrane.

For alto, Paul Desmond. A lot of folks think that Dave Brubeck wrote "Take Five" but it was Desmond. Brubeck wrote every other song on the album "Time Out" except that one song. Terrific album and every song on it is legendary.

There are a lot of other awesome greats, too many to list (but can't leave out the Birdman if we're talking about the saxophone).

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..