Return to Index  

Where to retire?

April 15 2012 at 5:54 AM
Victor3  (Login Victor3)
YFOT

I'm hoping (Lord willing and the creek don't rise) to retire in ~5 years.

Much as I like it here, CA is now circling the financial toilet bowl with no hope of recovery. All retirees will soon be paying much more in taxes than they do now.

Looking for a place where weather extremes aren't too severe and taxes aren't too high. We'd like to live in a small town near a larger (but not too large) city. I don't think my Wife would do well in a totally rural setting but we'd at least like to have a couple of acres to plant gardens, have chickens, etc.

A friend of mine retired to Black Mountain, NC (near Asheville) a few years back. Tells me he never thought there was a place on Earth like it.

Any suggestions?

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..