Where to retire?April 15 2012 at 5:54 AM
|Victor3 (Login Victor3)|
I'm hoping (Lord willing and the creek don't rise) to retire in ~5 years.
Much as I like it here, CA is now circling the financial toilet bowl with no hope of recovery. All retirees will soon be paying much more in taxes than they do now.
Looking for a place where weather extremes aren't too severe and taxes aren't too high. We'd like to live in a small town near a larger (but not too large) city. I don't think my Wife would do well in a totally rural setting but we'd at least like to have a couple of acres to plant gardens, have chickens, etc.
A friend of mine retired to Black Mountain, NC (near Asheville) a few years back. Tells me he never thought there was a place on Earth like it.
- . . . oops. - Ralph in La on Apr 15, 2012, 9:13 AM
- lots of cool places in Texas and Louisiana if you can stand . . . - Ralph in La on Apr 15, 2012, 9:14 AM
- Why not Tennessee ? - Mike in Maryville on Apr 15, 2012, 9:57 AM
- The Philippines! nt - Les on Apr 15, 2012, 12:40 PM
- I've been enjoying my past 12 years of Retirement... - Hal on Apr 15, 2012, 8:12 PM
- Lots of nice small towns in Florida. - Larry on Apr 15, 2012, 8:21 PM
- Depends a lot on your financial situation - Mach-1 on Apr 16, 2012, 4:54 PM