Return to Index  

Paradise, it's not. We have things that bite and

April 16 2012 at 9:24 AM
Mike in Maryville  (Login shooter58)
YC

Response to Bugs bad there?

sting and humidity can be high in summer. Bug repellent goes a long way toward resolving the insect problem. I used to live near the Okefenokee swamp, there you have SWARMS of biting, stinging insects. We have mainly mosquitos here, with chiggers in some areas... they're a treat, if you've never had a chigger. Bug repellent..... it works.

People come here on vacation in the fall when it's really beautiful... ideal weather, few insects, and colorful trees. That hooks 'em. If you want to really consider moving here to retire, then come for the worst of what the area has to offer... hate bugs and humidity ? Come in August. Hate snow and cold ? Try January, it gets cold for a few days and might snow some, but we don't really have a bad winter, usually.

If the worst we have to offer is bearable, you'll love the good bits. If you have an outdoor activity that you enjoy, you can probably find it here....

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..