Return to Index  

Take a look at the picture in my post, Cal. If it was skin that was the source...

April 16 2012 at 12:39 PM

Steve in NC  (Login pneuguy)
GM

Response to Nitro cellulose!

...of ignition, how can there be separate fires at nose and tail, with unburned skin in between? Shall we imagine multiple independent points of ignition?

Short version: I think that single iconic picture proves graphically and at a glance that the skin-burn hypothesis is nonsense.

Personally, and strictly FWIW, I think that silly theory (which has been debunked in detail on far more elaborate grounds like the physics of flame propagation by many others) was only concocted by hyrogen advocates. But motives and agendas notwithstanding, nonsense it is and nonsense it remains.

Steve

This message has been edited by pneuguy on Apr 16, 2012 12:41 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..