Return to Index  

Total cholesterol numbers don't mean a thing

April 26 2012 at 12:45 PM
huntinguy  (Login huntinguy)
YF

Response to just got bloodwork results from doctor..

The important thing is the ratio between HDL and LDL.

Do some looking on the web. I don't remember the numbers are supposed to be. Off the top of my head I think it is 3:1 to 5:1 (LDS:HDL)

My HDL is 28 and has my doctor a little nervous about losing a patient. (it should be between 28 and 51, if I recall correctly)

A friend of the family had a cholesterol level of over 350; the doctor said that is what killed her. At the young age of 92. She walked five to seven miles every day until she was 90. She is the one that got me into understanding the balance between HDL and LDL

I also had a close friend who had several blockages/heart attacks by the time they were 50. Their cholesterol never was over 200.

My doctor prescribed exercise, more veggies and some supplements. I need to go back in and see how the plan is working.

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..