Return to Index  

My Daily Entry into the "Why Women Live Longer Than Men" Sweepstakes

May 1 2012 at 12:12 AM
Sasquatch  (Login wyosasquatch)
YF

[img][linked image][/img]

I needed to sharpen the blades on the riding lawn mower. I didn't have a way to jack the thing up to get to the mower deck. I thought about making a quick lift out of leftover angle iron that would attach to the lifting points on the front of the frame but that would have taken all kinds of time for a simple project. A few judiciously placed chains, a 4 ton come along, a little baling wire and some good ole redneck engineering later and I could get under the mower deck easily and got the job done.

The 1/2" transport chain at the top was a little over the top for the application but it was handy. The 3/8" log chain on the mower was almost too light for the job. The come along had to strain to do the heavy lifting. The loops of baling wire holding the log chain to the mower were the real lynch pin in the whole assembly. I tripled the baling wire loops for safety sake.

Safety third.

Sasq.

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..