Return to Index  

So you have to use ceramic 1000 times...

June 4 2012 at 2:37 PM
KW  (Login Whiteleather)
YFOT

Response to Recycling

...not really a big deal.

This is no reflection on you, but ...

The expert is a nut. He is massaging his "facts" outside of common sense of application.

Figure 3 cups of coffee a day (actual average for US is 3.1 per day). If you use if for water too, that is up to...what....8 uses a day? So 1000 "uses" comes out to a mere 125 days of service or roughly 1/3 of a year.

What is the longest you can re-use a REGULAR paper cup? I have some REGULAR ceramic mugs that I personally bought over 30 years ago. I have REGULAR bone china coffee cups 170 years old and still going strong. Chipped mugs last for many years. A "chipped" paper cup begins to unravel in a few days.

Does anyone believe that the paper cup they throw out is recycled and re-made into another paper cup in the back of the coffee shop? No. That cup travels 1000s of miles before it becomes a cup again. All the mileage uses up gas, oil, rubber tires, lead batteries, blah, blah, blah.

How do you sanitize a paper cup for re-use the next day? Would you be willing to use a paper soup bowl in a restaurant that was first used the week before?

I hate this crap. Just use common sense and you can live a long healthy life that is sustainable.

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..