Charging buyers "otional insurance" - What a crock.June 20 2012 at 7:23 PM
VPilot (Login VPilot)
Nothing chaps my hide more than this relatively inane practice. It really boils my blood to have a seller insist that I insure that HE packs well and delivers what I already paid for intact. I've always felt insurance is for the seller, not the buyer. He's the one guaranteeing I get what I paid for isn't he? If not, then why do we expect other merchants to refund us when damaged goods arrive - and they usually do with little argument. They roll the dice and pay when they lose. The seller has the contract with the shipper... not the buyer.
There. I feel better now. But it still sucks.
- Interesting.....what if he charges a set amount for shipping.... - Paul @san diego on Jun 20, 2012, 7:37 PM
- I hear you Tim - Paul on Jun 20, 2012, 8:36 PM
- It is part of the negotiation.... - John on Jun 20, 2012, 9:36 PM
- All depends upon how much they charge for shipping - RedFeather on Jun 20, 2012, 10:40 PM
- Here's a question for you.... - Zeke G. on Jun 21, 2012, 8:14 AM
- Haven't done much selling but bought quite a bit... - Miller on Jun 21, 2012, 6:12 PM