Won my appeal against the post office....they paid upJune 21 2012 at 12:04 PM
Randy Mitchell (Premier Login rkmitchell)
I had the post office break a package sent to me, the stock on a Numrich Arms "Hopkins and Allen" underhammer muzzleloader.
I filed the claim, and they actually had the nerve to send me a letter saying that the insurance that was purchased did not apply to that package. Are you kidding me??
I wrote a brief letter back during the appeals process, explaining that the little sticker on the package with the numbers listed on it was their insurance tag.
Insurance was purchased, package was shipped, package arrived damaged, therefore you pay the insurance. I actually wrote the words at the end of the letter "....simple, yes?"
Lo and behold, they paid up.
I guess you just have to jump through enough hoops to get what you want.....
- Persistance pays - J. Smith in Michigan on Jun 21, 2012, 12:29 PM
- Tell them how long it took! - KW on Jun 21, 2012, 1:20 PM
- Good for you, you'd have lost with UPS or FedEx - Scot Heath on Jun 21, 2012, 4:29 PM
- You didn't leverage the deal using Parish stationary?...LOL! - Miller on Jun 21, 2012, 6:04 PM
- he he..you call that jumping thru hoops? - Russell Best on Jun 21, 2012, 6:31 PM