Return to Index  

That is stone cold scary.

June 24 2012 at 3:33 PM
KW  (Login Whiteleather)
YFOT

Response to Generation Y

Is it true?

Everything is so messed up. I only developed my carpentry, roofing (slate and copper) and mechanical skills after graduate school. That was because I had the leisure time (and need) to learn on my own.

Seems like folks have a lot of leisure time now at an earlier age, yet it is spent on diversions rather than learning. Could be other factors in the way I guess. I lived in NYC for a decade. Had a furniture shop down the street. Asked to apprentice on weekends so I could learn a trade while spending my week in a cubicle. Owner looked pleased to have me ask, but gave an Italian-accented sorrowful reply: "I canna afford the extra insure to have you in a da chop".

So I learned to tend bar, cook and manage a kitchen, and play the drums. Not as important as being able to re-wire a motor or change a head gasket...but it kept me active. The cooking is the only thing I still do.

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..