Return to Index  

Update from a previous post (grinder)

June 29 2012 at 11:00 PM
James S  (Login jamesinadvance)
YF

Made from a free air grinder, scrap metal,a new but also free 3/4 hp motor, and a few bolts which I did have to pay for along with the belt. I will need to stock up on 2" belts the one shown is 1 1/2"X60" its pretty simple but has a small roller at the top which could come in handy.

Photo of the donor grinder I reused the tracking roller arm, and the tensioner.
[linked image]

Homebrew model below not including the cost of the belt I'm out maybe $4 bucks if I count the mig wire.
Adjustments back and front as well as the backing plate. I have sharpened an axe with it so far the belt stays on track and the rubber coated plywood drive roller doesn't slip. excuse the poorly lit cell phone photos.
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

I will need to mount and wire a switch I thought of adding a stand but haven't much floor space so it may stay a table top model just so I can move it out of the way when not needed.
[linked image]

James S

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..