Return to Index  

Rare summer camp experience: butchery.

August 4 2012 at 8:39 AM
KW  (Login Whiteleather)
YFOT

My kids go to a camp in Lake Placid called Treetops. Its a little crunchy-feely with no shooting sports allowed. I assumed they were typical leftist artist types, but they also banned the reading aloud of "Confederacy of Dunces" a Pulitzer Prize winning novel from the 1960s (at least they didn't take it away from my son so he can read it himself).

The place is a working farm as well as a summer camp. The kids plant and harvest crops for the table. They also raise pigs and chickens for food. Beginning on slide #79 you can see that at least they allow the campers to really see where their food comes from. It is a little graphic.

http://www.nct.org/cf_media/index.cfm?obj=7863

Of course it could be a conspiracy to turn them all into vegans...which it tends to do.

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..