Return to Index  

Planes of Fame is a neat museum...

August 5 2012 at 12:52 PM

Mark Kauffman  (Login Mark.in.AZ)
YFOT

Response to yesterday at the Planes of Fame

....and only a few minutes drive from the Prado ranges where I used to shoot.

After the 1984 LA Olympics, the Prado ranges were used for the US International Championships. My last year shooting there was in 1990...or was it '91? Doesn't matter.

The point is that we used to go to the airport restaurant (GOOD food) after finishing shooting, and on numerous occasions we would tour the museum. Seeing some of that vintage stuff, it would amaze me that it was able to get off the ground. Most were very fragile looking.

It is neat to see history preserved that way. I can appreciate it much the same way as how we maintain, preserve, and at times restore the firefighting equipment at the Hall of Flame Museum of Firefighting where I volunteer in Phoenix, AZ.

Lots of ingenuity on exhibit.

Best,
Mark

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..