Marlin 336 30-30August 10 2012 at 4:01 PM
|KW (Login Whiteleather)|
New to me for a fraction of its value. Previous owner bought it new and could not get any decent groups. Offered it to me for $200. Shot a cloverleaf at 50 yards. Took off the scope and shot another one with open sights. Shoots very well at 100 yards even with open sights. Well enough to kill deer.
When I took off the scope, the screws were already loose. He couldn't get groups because it was not snugged down.
Came with three boxes of ammo. I am happy.
Trigger and levering are stiff, checkering is too sharp, and some of the metal edges are too sharp. If feels like it just came out of the box.
- .35 Rem - Ray on Aug 10, 2012, 5:35 PM
- got a good buy - boo on Aug 10, 2012, 5:53 PM
- You'll appreciate that sharp checkering on a cold day with gloved hands - RedFeather on Aug 10, 2012, 9:18 PM
- That's a great buy, I have one in 444 and have taken 3 Calif. hogs with it. - Gene on Aug 10, 2012, 9:35 PM
- Nice to see firsthand positive replies. I sweetened the deal for him... - KW on Aug 11, 2012, 8:53 AM