Return to Index  

Garmin GPS

August 16 2012 at 7:58 AM
  (Login Samsdad42)
YF

I have a Lowrance i-way 500 that is obsolete BUT the brightness of the screen on high is bright enough to see clearly on my motorcycle in the bright sun.

I bought a Gamine nu-vi 775t and used it through the winter in the car in Phoenix and did not have trouble seeing it.
I came back to Indiana and put it on my MC and it is not bright enough to see in the sunlight. I have it on 100% brightness. I even purchased a sunshade that velcros around the perimeter and it still is hard to see in the bright day.

I noticed some of my friends with the Garmin Zomo that is designed for motorcycles and a couple of them have sun shades on their Zumo's. Most of my biking crowd ride the newer Gold Wings with the built in GPS from Honda and there is a molded sun shield built into the dash of these bike's.

DO ANY OF YOU RIDE MOTOR CYCLES, THAT DOESN'T HAVE A BUILT IN GPS, THAT YOU CAN RECCOMEND A GARMIN WITH A BRIGHT ENOUGH DISPLAY TO COMBAT THE SUNLIGHT? I would still use my old Lowrance if I could get up dates for it.
Thanks
Mike

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..