Return to Index  

Yamaha Venture users' forum

August 17 2012 at 6:50 PM
Everett  (Login 1EDB1)
YF

Response to just had my 5K service done by HD dealership, service manager

...with practical experience counseled against synthetic due to the wet clutch... too slippery, making slipping possible. So of course I've gone and used Rotella synthetic and Bosch filters: both the highest rated when last I checked. Synthetic in my 97 LeSabre; conventional in the oil-guzzling 03 Expedition (waste of money there). Filters are more important, oils being generally all so advanced now they work well for 5-7 thousand miles. Some have done good tests cutting open & checking filters. Fram had notoriously poor innards; guy did a thorough check but Ford's lawyers threatened him so he took down the site. Think I had copied it before he gave in, somewhere into my computer.

Respond to this message   

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..