Return to Index  

Re: Assuming I am 100% wrong, yet people heed my wrong advice. What would be the result?

April 9 2017 at 6:45 PM
Gippeto  (Login gippeto)
YF

Response to Assuming I am 100% wrong, yet people heed my wrong advice. What would be the result?

1976 Colt 340 was free air...not even a fan.

Putting ethanol fuel into something tuned for ethanol free would cause it to run leaner. Try adjusting the high speed needle. Would be aggravated if the mixture were already on the lean side, and would run like crap and overheat...

The reason ethanol fuels get a bad rap in small engines is compatibility issues between the ethanol and the soft parts in the carbs. Ethanol is also hygroscopic...absorbs moisture out of the air, this can cause issues for some folks who leave fuel in power equipment for extended periods of time...over winter.

You don't "tune" for an oil mix. Use the manufacturers recommendations for premix ratios.

Al

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..