Return to Index  

Last night I got a Shindiawa EB480 out of the trash. Something about extra oil I forgot...

April 11 2017 at 8:43 AM

John in FL.  (Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

Response to I don't use ethanol. A few stations list their premium as "Ethanol Free"...

the compression is slightly low on this machine and running extra oil will bump it up, reduce blow-by which heats the crankcase, and extend the life of worn bearings/cylinder/rings.

The machine almost starts right out of the trash... just needs a throttle cable adjustment, decarb'd, and retuned for the leaner fuel mix I'll run.

The really funny part is that people try to tune things right before throwing them away!
New plug, new fuel lines.... I'll bet it just needed a diaphragm. Wonder of wonders.... Walbro carbs mostly use the same one, lots of other brands too, and I buy in bulk..... $0.50 ea.
20 minutes and I'll have it running for another 100 hours.... easy money....

This message has been edited by gratewhitehuntr on Apr 11, 2017 8:51 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..