<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

any of you listen to Car Talk on NPR , those two never fail to

August 18 2012 at 10:42 AM
Ralph in La  (Premier Login ralphy101again)

entertain and inform. heard they were going to shut their show down , am listening to an episode now , could be a rerun , gotta love 'em. they seem to have a Redneck demeanor but with those Boston , Mass accents.

" Heaven is under our feet
as well as over our heads " Henry David Thoreau

This message has been edited by ralphy101again on Aug 18, 2012 10:47 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
James S
(Login jamesinadvance)
YF

Oh yeah ...............NT

August 18 2012, 11:00 AM 

James S

Respond to this message   
tomas
(Login tomykay12)
YF

yep, they retired

August 18 2012, 8:17 PM 

After 35 years. The shows now are reruns to my understanding. I heard an interview earlier this summer with Doug Berman, the producer and he spelled it out. Jeez, they are in their mid 70's and still working. I love that, tk

Respond to this message   

ERdept
(Login ERdept)
YFOT

A lot of the show/programs there are national treasures. Once they're gone, that's it.

August 18 2012, 9:09 PM 

I love Click and Klack the tappet brothers, A prarie Home Companion, The story's the thing, Wait, wait, don't tell me, The Splendid Table, etc.

Respond to this message   
Tallpaul
(Login tallsaul)
YF

OH NOOOO I did not hear they retired! I have listened now that ya mention it for what 25

August 19 2012, 9:42 AM 

years or so since what 88? most weekends but not all and I missed that announcement. I to do the car talk prarie home companion splendid table,what do ya no etc...

one tip I found is that the NPR app lets you listen to your favorite shows at different times and multiple times over the weekend on different stations acrosss the USA. I just found that out a few weeks back and enjoy multiple reruns as I work around the house.

Respond to this message   

Doug S
(Login dsmalln)
YFOT

Weekly newspaper article...

August 19 2012, 1:46 PM 

Their still doing it, Raleigh News and Observer has it on Saturdays.   As the Cars get dated the reruns will fade away.

Doug S.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..