All very interesting.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

daveshoot
(Login daveshoot)
AR&P

Pretty good

April 10 2017, 8:48 AM 

The hero seemed psychologically unfit for duty, and I think a supervisor might have intervened sooner. "Langley" certainly comes across as the bad guys.

But it was an interesting take on the drone war and things we don't normally see or think about.

Respond to this message   
JD
(Login JamesDingle777)

Well, I agree with you Dave. I wondered if posting here

April 10 2017, 9:43 AM 

was appropriate. My intentions were only to say, "Hey, watched a pretty cool movie this Afternoon, check it out sometime." I later thought, geez, I hope no one takes it for something it wasn't meant to be. I support our Military but discussions on that subject here on OT is not the place.
So bearing that it mind, please just understand (all who watch it or have seen) that to me; it's just a cool movie that shows SOME of our technology. How cool it would be to be an F-16 pilot. That poor Guy missed real flying so much. I can't give spoilers.
I've been told by a source that knows, our Satellites can read the date of a dime on a sidewalk probably from either low, middle, or high orbit, although I'd think they'd use the low orbits for surveillance & weather, google maps & such. Ah, whatever. It kept me entertained for awhile.

Respond to this message   

KW
(Login CuomoSux)
YF12

You watched a movie. You liked a movie. You wanted to share it with you friends....

April 10 2017, 11:01 AM 

...you did your job.

I don't think DaveShoot was being offensive, but remember that anything that happens after the original post is the issue of the respondents.

I used to post about books I liked here. Got called a homo...something about a knitting circle.

I used to post about recipes I liked here. Got called a homo...something about a knitting circle and low T.

I used to post about guns I liked here. Got called a shill for auctions.

Point is: About 2% of the members here deserve your input. The rest are best ignored.

Cheers!

Respond to this message   

John in FL.
(Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

Recipes.... don't feel bad, mine get zero recognition also.

April 10 2017, 11:08 AM 

Bangin egg drop soup.... no comments...
Perfect corn meal breading without grittyness... no comments...
Pernil with better techniques..... no comments.....

I wonder what the heck people eat???

At least no one called me a homo right?
What a strange culture when the best way to avoid being called a homo is to be more obscene than the next guy...... now THAT is class!

[linked image]

This message has been edited by gratewhitehuntr on Apr 10, 2017 11:16 AM

Respond to this message   
Miller
(Login Milbo)
AR&P

Sorry to hear about you being called a homo...

April 10 2017, 11:28 PM 

I'm not sure it makes sense to call someone who is talented at almost everything, master of bush craft, and probably knows more about guns than any ten men in this room...a homo.

Are you sure it wasn't because you wear bow ties? That I could understand.

Anyway, I wanted to add that all this talk is really offensive to us homos. Thank you...I will now return to my place in the "98"...

This message has been edited by Milbo on Apr 10, 2017 11:29 PM

Respond to this message   

John in FL.
(Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

I can't tell if this is a serious conversation.... I'd rather be called a homo than

April 11 2017, 8:33 AM 

liar, full of ****, etc, which is what actually happens when you are talented (amateur) at almost everything! (except music)
The internet calls it "A PhD in everything" and haterz gonna hate.

I have a lot of respect for... oh I don't want to say homos.... uh there it is anyway.... in whatever flavor (nohomo)
As a crazy guy I'm glad to see someone pushing the "We were born this way, no choice in the matter" agenda. Lord knows the crazies aren't organized enough to do it.......

Anyway.... like they say on the BB forums (nohomo)

This message has been edited by gratewhitehuntr on Apr 11, 2017 10:35 AM

Respond to this message   
Miller
(Login Milbo)
AR&P

Hardly...I just like to poke KW about his bow ties

April 11 2017, 12:17 PM 

He's been around here for the entire duration and is learned and experienced on so many levels. When he takes things real seriously or sounds too self righteous I like to get in a jab or two. Just being honest...

I'm not much of a homo myself (almost 40 years married to a female) but I'm in the "if folks could understand they're wired up that way they'd leave em' alone" camp.

You've been hanging around a while John. Don't take me too seriously...and if I post pics please feel free to laugh at my clothing selections all you want!happy.gif

Respond to this message   

John in FL.
(Login gratewhitehuntr)
AR&P

Well I'd like to participate in the airguns section more but

April 11 2017, 12:32 PM 

they already answered all my questions!
I did just post something.... maybe more soon as I really get a machine shop set up and try to change trades...

Funny story.
There are a LOT of people named John, so it's common to add some additional nick on there.
carpenter John
taxes John
John in MA.

Well a couple years ago I called someone and they were relaying (yelling) info to a third party in the room.
"Yeah John says ...blah blah blah..."
I heard the person behind him ask "Is that crazy John?"

ohh....... well........ I see....... after some asking around, and a lot of laughs..... turns out independent groups of friends had all dubbed me "crazy John" ...thank you very much...
That was when it became clear ... I wasn't doing a very good job of hiding it.... **** it.... might as well own it!!!

Not crazy enough to wear a bowtie though ; )

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)

Thanks, funny as always and I love it. I've been called a homo also

April 12 2017, 6:00 PM 

Maybe because I speak very softly and am secure in my sexual preference of Woman. Although I acknowledge that Bisexuals usually are some of the smartest folks on Earth. They view things from 2 perspectives

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)

Talking about Auctions KW, There's several around me

April 13 2017, 8:51 AM 

that favor to certain collectors. Military surplus is at Hartzells, Any typical older collectible is at Shamrock. Here's the kicker. I told Son, forget getting an EDC. I NEVER carried one because I always felt I didn't need it or could talk my way out of anything. I never started anything either. Anyway, a HS came up in a classifieds that sells everything. Must be transferred of course other than long guns, and some guys even ask for that to be done when selling Saiga or semi auto serious stuff like FN or H&K
So this HS comes up. I call the Kid and say you better freaking call right now, it's ONLY $250.00!!! See, HS's are starting to rise in price because the unknowns have found out that all the Hampden models were hand fitted and drive tacks. Some of these are in the same league ****&W 41 and so on for a lesser hand fitted, completely milled piece. He calls, guy says, "yeah, that sold at auction for $800.00. Everyone was calling and lowballing me at $150-200, so it went to Shamrock and I got $800.00, who would of thunk it huh?" I would have thunk it. I told this boy, watch the paper shop and buy used. It's like a car. I don't care if I had 10 million dollars. I'd never buy a brand new sticker price vehicle. I'd buy a 2 year leased vehicle if I wanted current, which I hate because of electronics. ONLY car I might buy new would be a Cadillac CTSV, otherwise I'd have an old Chevy 65 Apache or short bed flared side.. I'd put a Muncie 4 speed tranny and this in it

https://www.powertrainproducts.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=826&gdffi=90b8e24b11a744acaa63a8753e57b2d8&gdfms=0E375C66FF1E405994D284CEE2A0E17C&gclid=CIb07uy6odMCFZ2Cswodxp4N-g

I could work on this myself without a dam computer and sensors. Well, I'd have to review that engine before I actually picked it. I maybe would stay small block that winds up faster and go with a 3 speed racing tranny,

Ok, so we've both been called Homos. Oh well, I'm secure in myself no matter what my sexual preference (definitely Women) is. There was a time I thought the abuse made me gay. I realized I am far from gay. The mind is a terrible thing to mess with. I still claim that the smartest people on Earth are bi-sexual. Most creative, gay, am I stereotyping here?
Bottom line, I like your bow ties. They show Old School charm. Hell, Bill Nye wears them. And, ah Glenn "Hurricane" Schwartz. He's a Mans man right?
https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0LEV0MmdO9YkFUAvu9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyb21sODA2BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjM3NzZfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=glenn+hurricane+schwartz&fr=aaplw

Respond to this message   

daveshoot
(Login daveshoot)
AR&P

Well actually I watched the movie on your recommendation and enjoyed it

April 10 2017, 9:24 PM 

I do not blame you for the movie's perceived faults, but it's a movie, itself fair game for those who watched it. It was still good. Hell, you can find flaws in Gone With The Wind and Lawrence of Arabia. Doesn't make'em bad movies.

I still say it was worth watching (didn't I? I forget).

I watched another Netflix offering called "Meek's Cutoff". Effing horrible waste of time I do not have. Beautifully shot, horribly recorded, like a Blair Witch shakey cam on the Oregon Trail in 1845, that goes on for bloody ever. It sets up a legitimately suspenseful situation (although very very slowly) and then just ends, a la Coen brothers (No Country etc.). I think crap like this is made so that professional critics can feel smarter than us dummies who expect a resolution, at some point, after a considerable personal investment.

Don't watch that one. In fact, I would forbid it, but that might tempt some to watch.

There is no political issue I perceive with recommending Good Kill and I would recommend it myself, while recognizing that plot devices needed to be introduced for the homos happy.gif (deference to other posts, don't anyone get all offended) that need some kind of romantic back-story for what should be intrinsically interesting.

Thank you for the recommendation.

This message has been edited by daveshoot on Apr 10, 2017 9:54 PM

Respond to this message   
James Dingle
(Login JamesDingle777)

Thanks Buddy Dave. I didn't think you were offended

April 13 2017, 8:55 AM 

I didn't want anyone thinking I was bringing the "P' word in here somehow. I love War & more so accurately done War films. This one is so good it deserves a new post. Wait for it….

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present..