<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

What do you think casual nudity is?

June 22 2005 at 11:46 AM
No score for this post
NRT  (Login BlueTrain)

In hopes of getting some exchanges going, here is a basic question.

What is casual nudity as you might define it and are you "casually nude" as far as your own definition? Where are you nude and how often and for how long? Is it just in the home or are you able to be nude other places as well, not counting nudist clubs. Beaches might well be included since they are pretty scarce on the ground in the United States.

Moreover, have your habits regarding nudity changed over time? Have you been spending more or less time nude and finally, are you usually alone when you are nude or are there sometimes others around?

Not to pry but the answers might be interesting.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
nycrican
(no login)

Re: What do you think casual nudity is?

No score for this post
June 22 2005, 4:21 PM 

casual nudity is just that something casual... its not something that is neccessarily planned or done because of the thrill of exhibitionism its just something that is with no strings attached and no sexual connotations... now that the summer has hit nyc i have been a lot more nude than i normally would... usually i just sleep nude but now i have more time to be nude without feeling that i am going to get sick or something... ill be nude at the beach, ill be nude at a friends house, ill be nude all day if i dont have to do anything special... and all because i am comfortable with my body and it just feels good...

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
curtb
(Login curtb)

what is casual nudity?

No score for this post
June 23 2005, 1:16 PM 

To me casual nudity is just what it says....being nude in a casual enviroment (at home watching tv , doing dishes, just not getting dressed after getting up or taking a shower.) It is nudity with out any sexual aspects attached to it. I like to be nude as much as possible...sleep in nude, watch tv etc. When i lived alone i would get nude as soon as i got home. i wish I could find a nude beach or resort near me so I could go there and experience that.

To answer the question about my habits, no I was not always this casual about nudity. I grew up in a household where that was something unheard of...it would never in a million years happen. You did not see mother or father or brothers naked. I actually started by sleeping nude in my senior year of high school and never stopped, but pushed the envelope.

AM I alone when nude? Thats interesting...right now my children have seen me nude quite often, nothing out of the ordinary. I think it is healthy for them to realize that people are all different. In the past, i have had roommates, one we might have seen each other in our underwear but not anything less then that. My sedcond room mate and I saw each other nude all most daily. It did not bother me at all, but I think every once and a while it did bother him a little. It was a perfect example of casual nudity. We could sit naked in the living room drinking a beer and watching a movie just as comfortably as if we were fully clothed.

Pete
(no login)

but when does it start to become casual nudity?

No score for this post
June 23 2005, 8:20 PM 

Everyone changes clothes, takes baths or showers - while nude.

When does this nudity end, and casual nudity start? I think it happens when you realize that you could be clothed during some normally clothed activity, but you would rather stay naked. Does this sound right to everyone?

Pete
(no login)

or is it being naked in front of others?

No score for this post
June 23 2005, 8:24 PM 

Does nudity with only yourself present count as "casual nudity"?

Perhaps it depends on someone else being there? I personally don't think that is necessary.

In any case, if the intent of being naked is only sexual, then I don't think it counts either. (Not that there is anything wrong with being sexual, it just isn't part of casual nudity.)

Anonymous
(Login SEANekkid)

No score for this post
June 24 2005, 1:59 PM 

I think of casual nudity as non-erotic nudity. For me that means anytime I'm hanging out at home such as cooking, cleaning, doing the dishes, gardening, reading, watching tv, doing yoga, sitting at the computer, working from home. I'm also casually nude at beaches and resorts, camping, naked yoga classes, and naked dances.

My habits haven't changed that much. I grew up with casual nudity with my dad but also have an exhibitionist streak so I enjoy being nude casually at home and at beaches but also enjoy pushing the envelope and getting naked in parks, on hiking trails, driving, and doing things like taking out the garbage and checking my mail.

NRT
(Login BlueTrain)

No score for this post
June 26 2005, 7:24 AM 

I think I like most of the responses here. Like one comment, I don't think sex enters into it either. But just asking the question, it sort of made me think about what it was, not that it matters. I rather think of casual nudity as nudity when it doesn't matter whether or not you have to wear clothes. I especially contrast it with an "official" nudist environment when you are supposed to be nude (in other words, to conform!). And likewise, it isn't exactly clothing optional but that is the right direction.

Mostly this is hair splitting.

I think of the way most suburban people dress on Saturday, very, very casually. But it reminds me of what the British countryman said about the thoughtless manner in which he dressed.

When he was around home, he said it didn't matter how he dressed: Everyone here knows me.

When he was away from home, he said it didn't matter how he dressed: No one here knows me.

Mikey
(no login)

No score for this post
June 27 2005, 9:39 PM 

Hanging out in my bedroom naked. Being naked around the house when the parners aren't home. That is casual nudity.

Cliff
(no login)

What I think casual nudity is

No score for this post
July 2 2005, 9:20 PM 

To me casual nudity is not being shy of your body, without seeking opportunities to be nude.

I regard myself as a casual nudist. When I was still staying with my parents, no nudity was allowed. I never saw my parents nude, and they never saw me nude after an early age. However at puberty I started sleeping nude for comfort.

Later when I left home and was living on my own I found I could go to the bathroom without covering up - also to the kitchen. Eventually I found it convenient only to put on clothes when I was about to leave for work, and would strip down when arriving home from work. It saved a lot on washing clothes! However I always kept a pair of running shorts handy to put on if someone knocked at the door, and was always fully clothed if expecting visitors.

Apart from that, I have always preferred to swim naked, and if someone else is swimming naked, then I will too, and even sunbathe naked afterwards if others are doing so. In private I always swim naked.

Now that I am living with a partner I am nude less of the time, simply because there are more people visiting us. However around bed time and early in the morning I am alway nude around the house, and I always sleep naked.

I have no children, but if I had I would want them to see me nude casually, and encourage them to do likewise, so they are not shy about their bodies.

None of this has anything to do with sex, nor with active nudity where people plan to be nude most of the time. Therefore I think it fits the description of casual nudity.

NakedBudd
(no login)

It is what it is

No score for this post
April 25 2015, 11:50 AM 

Casual = relaxed
Nudity = no clothes

Just hanging out nude with my budds.
I usually answer the door nude if I know a friend is coming over. happy.gif

Old Marty
(Login OldMarty)

Could be different things

No score for this post
May 5 2015, 7:36 AM 

"Casual nudity" could mean several different things.

For one, being casual while nude. Walking out of the bathroom as though you were wearing something. Getting out of bed, if someone is in the room with you, as though you were wearing PJs.

For another, getting nude casually. Nobody thinks anything is out of the ordinary if you take off your hat and coat and hang them up when you come in from outside. Now take off the rest of your clothing in the same casual way, no matter who else is around.

To be honest, I'm not that casual. I wish I were. I can be in one place without clothing, but going from one room to another where I might be seen, or taking my clothes off, is always a deliberate action.

Have my habits changed over time? Definitely. Up to my mid or late 20s I would never be nude in the presence of a person of the opposite sex, except in forced situations, like medical ones, which made me very uncomfortable. Over the next few years that changed, and now my main concern is whether other people would be bothered by my nudity.

So I am sometimes nude with family, but only before getting dressed in the morning or before going to bed at night. I sunbathe nude where nobody can see me, or on a clothing-optional beach where nobody cares about seeing me, and I'm perfectly casual at the dermatologist's.

But in a way, I'm about as casual about nudity as I am about clothing. I don't dress casually. I have my own standards of how I want to dress, and I'm deliberate about how I dress. So maybe being more casual about being undressed is just not in the cards.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement