Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Nude in front of your in-laws

October 13 2005 at 7:23 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous A  (no login)

A few months ago, I woke up and decided to go to the basement to finish some work, while my wife was in town to do some shopping. I dressed with my "working" clothes and went directly to the basement. It was a pretty hard and noisy work I had to do, so after about couple hours, I was wiped out and filthy dirty. The laundry room was in the basement, so I decided to strip all my clothes off and throw them in the laundry basket. Thinking I was still home alone, I came upstairs stark naked and went to my room to grab a quick shower.

To my bewilderment, when I opened the door my sister-in-law, mother in law and my wife were talking while trying their new clothes. They just stared at me for a while, before bursting in astonishment and nervous laugher.

Not really knowing what to do and I felt harebrained and very panic-stricken at the same time. I finally got up the fortitude and went through the room like I was dress in a tucks and proceeded to the bathroom and took that shower. While my relatives continued to giggle and left the room to give me the space to myself to get dressed.
My mother & sister in law took it very sufficiently well and pretended the rest of the day as if nothing had transpired.

Guys have any of had a dilemma to happen to you or other family member. How did you handle it gracefully without freaking out?

Hardly can wait to hear your commits/ feedback

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Micah
(no login)

Similar experience

Score 5.0 (1 person)
January 27 2006, 1:02 PM 

Hey Anonymous A,

I had a similar experience, though I think it is sufficiently different to make it worth mentioning here.

I am not married, but one of my best friends has been married for about five years (we are both in our early 30s). The summer before last, he invited me for a long weekend at his wife's parents' cabin in central Wisconsin. The cabin is on a lake, and is large enough to accommodate several people, sleeping in any of its three bedrooms, on the porch, or even camping near the water. There were going to be a lot of people there that I didn't know, including my friend's in-laws (his wife's parents, three brothers, the wife of one brother, an uncle, and a few friends of his wife).

We arrived on Friday morning, and I spent a few hours getting to know the other people, the layout of the cabin, the lake, and so on. My friend suggested we go for a swim before lunch, and I agreed, as it was a hot July day. I usually swim naked, but I had brought along a swim suit for this trip, as I didn't know the family, and didn't wish to upset anyone. We walked down to the lake, and proceeded to strip, but instead of putting on a suit, my friend jumped in the lake naked. I hesitated, because the water's edge is completely visible from the house, but he called me to come on in, that the water was great. I took the plunge, and joined him skinny dipping. It was wonderful. After awhile, I realized that most of the family had gathered on the porch and the front lawn, preparing a cookout for lunch. Two of my friend's brothers-in-law came down to join us. One of them pulled on a speedo, but the other went naked. A little later, the mother-in-law called us up for lunch. To my surprise, all the guys walked back up to the house without getting dressed. I was extremely nervous, but decided to give it a go. I've never really been in a situation like this before, but I soon got very used to it. No one commented on the three naked guys, and the afternoon was very relaxing and pleasant. My friend eventually put on some shorts, but I figured as long as the remaining naked brother stayed naked, I would do so as well. And we did, for the rest of the day. In fact, I didn't put any clothes on until the following afternoon. The rest of the family stayed relatively clothed throughout the weekend, though all the brothers did show up naked at the breakfast table. However, the family was so completely indifferent to my nudity, that I felt comfortable and at ease, in a very unfamiliar environment.

This experience has led me to be bolder with my casual nudity, and I am now much more apt to stay naked in situations where clothes would probably be the norm. I've found people to be surprisingly accepting of my body, and this continues to encourage me to push the boundaries of false modesty. Casual nudity is definitely the way to go!

Micah

P.S. Great board! Thanks!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
DavidC
(no login)

Family Practice

No score for this post
November 16 2012, 1:50 PM 

Before I married my wife, I never even thought about anybody seeing me nude in her family except her. The day we married, as we were changing to leave the reception and go on our honeymoon, my mother-in-law came into the room where I was stark naked and talked to me as though nothing was weird. I was trying to cover myself when she said there was no need to cover up because I was now part of the family and nudity was a common practice in their family. She finally left and the only answer I could get from my wife was, "You'll find out soon enough." When we returned from our honeymoon we went to see her parents who live out of town and planned to stay the weekend. When it was time to prepare for bed, I was surprised to see that my wife, my mother-in-law, and my father-in-law all walked around the house naked and informed me that I would see a lot more. I found out the next day when my brother-in-law and his wife came over to use the pool. Almost as soon as they came in, they stripped to nothing and were completely calm about being nude in front of each other. My wife's parents and my wife had spent the entire morning already naked. So I was now part of a nudist family. But there was more to find out. We were visited by some of her aunts and uncles and cousins and their spouses and everybody was completely comfortable being naked in front of each other. One of my wife's cousin's wives even commented on how lucky my wife was to have a husband who seemed to have a constant erection. My mother-in-law even commented that she had noticed that I was constantly hard ever since they had gotten up that morning. She even asked if I would like one of the women to help me with it to which I responded that I already had somebody to help with that - my wife. Her comment was then that if I ever needed any additional help, any of the women present would be more than happy to assist. I looked at my wife who just smiled and said, "You can have any one of all of them help." I'm still married to the same woman and have come to accept her family's ways. Incidentally, I have been helped by each of the other women now and my wife has been helped by each of her female cousin's husbands. What a family!

DavidC
(no login)

Family Practice

No score for this post
November 16 2012, 1:51 PM 

Before I married my wife, I never even thought about anybody seeing me nude in her family except her. The day we married, as we were changing to leave the reception and go on our honeymoon, my mother-in-law came into the room where I was stark naked and talked to me as though nothing was weird. I was trying to cover myself when she said there was no need to cover up because I was now part of the family and nudity was a common practice in their family. She finally left and the only answer I could get from my wife was, "You'll find out soon enough." When we returned from our honeymoon we went to see her parents who live out of town and planned to stay the weekend. When it was time to prepare for bed, I was surprised to see that my wife, my mother-in-law, and my father-in-law all walked around the house naked and informed me that I would see a lot more. I found out the next day when my brother-in-law and his wife came over to use the pool. Almost as soon as they came in, they stripped to nothing and were completely calm about being nude in front of each other. My wife's parents and my wife had spent the entire morning already naked. So I was now part of a nudist family. But there was more to find out. We were visited by some of her aunts and uncles and cousins and their spouses and everybody was completely comfortable being naked in front of each other. One of my wife's cousin's wives even commented on how lucky my wife was to have a husband who seemed to have a constant erection. My mother-in-law even commented that she had noticed that I was constantly hard ever since they had gotten up that morning. She even asked if I would like one of the women to help me with it to which I responded that I already had somebody to help with that - my wife. Her comment was then that if I ever needed any additional help, any of the women present would be more than happy to assist. I looked at my wife who just smiled and said, "You can have any one of all of them help." I'm still married to the same woman and have come to accept her family's ways. Incidentally, I have been helped by each of the other women now and my wife has been helped by each of her female cousin's husbands. What a family!

(Login TubaDawg)

Re: Nude in front of your in-laws

No score for this post
November 24 2012, 11:42 AM 

The posters on this thread have shared some excellent and varied experiences. As I am not married, I don't have the in-laws perspective; however, you did nothing wrong in tossing the dirty clothes. No doubt you were in your own home and the unexpected company was a surprise. Your home is your "castle" and accidental (or not), you have the right to go about your routine as you would normally. It is clear you had no intent of shocking anyone. For what it is worth, I would relax and not worry.

(Login BigNakedJohn)

No score for this post
November 28 2012, 10:44 PM 

My experience was similar to Davids. After our honeymoon we went and spent a few days at her mom's. The first night we slept in her old bedroom, and we both always sleep nude. When we got up she headed out to the family room without putting on anything. I groped around for at least my boxers, she told me not to worry about it but being a bit self conscious (this was a brand new mother in law after all) I at least boxered up.

When we got out her mom was in just panties and bra, my wife was still naked as if it was quite normal, which I guess it is. After a bit we got dressed and went out and did stuff.

That night my wife goes back to our room to "get ready for bed" and comes out naked. Her mom says that sounds good to her, goes to her room and returns nude as well. My wife says I should go get ready, so I go with the flow, and get nude. It didn't take me long to become comfortable.

Since then we've always gone nude there, or she nude when she visits us. My wife's sister has also joined the nude fun when she visits, or we visit her.

It's nice to be able to visit the in laws and still be relaxed, be myself.

Noel1835
(no login)

No score for this post
November 29 2012, 1:57 PM 

Did your in-laws identify as nudists? What year was this? What state? How old was everybody?

(Login BigNakedJohn)

Score 3.0 (1 person)
November 30 2012, 11:09 AM 

They didn't identify as nudists as such, it was just that family nudity really wasn't a big issue. My wife thinks it might have had something to do with the fact that her mother is a bit lazy and wanted to keep the amount of laundry down to a minimum.

This first happened about 20 years ago, but still goes on today.

Deke
(no login)

Sisters in law naked

No score for this post
January 16 2014, 10:32 PM 

As much as I enjoyed both of these events, both were unplanned and utterly innocent. Those facts notwithstanding, I am still known as the pervert brother in law....

My wife has two sisters, one that is two years older and one that is two years younger. The older sister is the spitting image of my wife with bigger tits. They literally could be twins they look so much alike. The younger sister is 50 lbs heavier, but quite attractive, looking NOTHING like either of them, but very much like their mother.

Incident 1: My wife's family has a cabin on a lake in Missouri. We used to all gather there every few weeks. It was a small place for our large group. My wife and I had two little girls, the older SIL was married but no kids, younger SIL was single. Almost a dozen of us in a four bedroom house, with fold-out couches in the common rooms, and 1 bathroom. After a full day at the lake we were all getting ready for dinner. My wife was taking a shower, and I was rinsing off the kids outside with the hose, which they loved. We had only one towel, so my daughter ran into the bathroom to get a towel, and I went in to help her dry off. My wife was showering. Since I always like to watch her naked, I was drying my daughter off while watching my wife's ass as she rinsed off. As she was washing her hair, she turned full on frontal to us. This was a glass door, so you could see every little detail. I saw some details that were different. A completely unshaven pubic area and big tits with really long nipples. At approximately the same time, older SIL finished rinsing and opened her eyes to find me staring slack-jawed at her nasty bits. It took a few seconds for my suddenly blood starved brain to figure out that I needed to leave, but before I beat a hasty retreat I did get a last triple take of pretty much all the sisterly assets. Lots of ribbing that night at the dinner table. The girls all thought it was funny as hell, but brother in law was a little more contrite. Since he's an ass, it was all good.

Incident 2: Several years later all of my wife's family moved in different directions. Older sister and her dumb ass husband to the east coast, my wife and I to the south and younger sister and the parents out to the desert in the west. First Saturday of November the girls and their mom would come to our house for a week. We had a big place with a pool and hot tub (the latter being more useful in November). Our bedroom had a separate door out onto the deck that led to the hot tub, so most nights my wife and I would put the (now 4) kids to bed, and slip naked into our big Turkish robes for a trip to the hot tub. Our back yard is well away from any other house, isolated and completely dark. Our hot tub is very private in the day time, and utterly hidden at night. The problem is that there are some stairs on the way, so it pays to leave a lamp on in the house and acclimate your sight to the dark before you go down. For three weeks before the girls were going to show up, I ended up working every day until almost midnight. On Friday before the girls due date the next day, I finished up with the project and got home around 10 PM after formal product delivery. One night alone before company got there, and I was ready! I could hear music from out by the hot tub, so I knew she was ready too! I showered, shaved and even trimmed the rain forest that is my pubic hair so as to show off my very average equipment for its best presentation. I played with johnny to make sure he would put on his full presentation, then went into the living room and turned on the overhead light, putting lots of light on the stairs and deck just outside the hot tub, but left it plenty dark in the business area. I strode utterly nude out the door and down the stairs to the edge of the pool of light. Somewhat risky, but the neighbors would need to have binoculars to be really offended. For night acclimated eyes, fully visible, but still invisible from inside a lit house. I could hear my wife talking, but the music and sound of the hot tub drowned out what she was saying. I made a great performance of slowly striding to the hot tub and stepping into the very dark bubbly. Just as I hit the water I finally was able to hear what my wife was saying. "Saturday", "Not there", "Boner", "Mom", her sisters names, and "Naked". As I went in, I landed in the lap of a lady that was not my wife, or even her sisters... it was my Mother in law. Even more profound, both hands fully raked down the front of her chest into her lap as I tried to catch myself. Guess who else was naked... Awkward!

After working for over 20 days in a row, I was a bit confused as to the day of the week. Saturday, not Friday! Who knew? We ended up sitting around in the hot tub for another hour or so drinking wine, I did get to see older SILs tits several times, and her still quite lovely ass once when she had to go pee. They sent me back for more wine twice, and later my wife told me they checked me out thoroughly each time. Never did get to see younger SIL naked, but at least I felt-up my mother in law happy.gif

(Login BlueTrain)

No score for this post
January 17 2014, 3:02 PM 

The closest I ever came to anything like any of the above, and it wasn't even close, was once many, many years ago when the whole family was together at my wife's parent's house. All of their married children were there, which meant there was a total of about nine or ten people there and the house wasn't that big. I had to sleep on the floor in the parlor. Someone decided it would be funny if they pulled the covers off me when they walked by but I wasn't naked. I'm not sure who the joke would have been on if had been.

However, I like the expression from the very first post. Such social faux pas, mishaps, misunderstandings and accidents are probably best handled by "pretending nothing happened." It will always make it much easier to get along. When such things happen and when even worse things happen (as when someone is ill or dies), there are some things better left unsaid. Life is already difficult enough.

Current Topic - Nude in front of your in-laws  Respond to this message   
  Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement