<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

The Challenge

January 27 2006 at 4:36 PM
No score for this post
Thom  (no login)

OK, here's an interesting challenge for everyone on this board!

The subject of this forum is CASUAL NUDITY, not SECRETIVE NUDITY. Most of the stories under the posting Naked at Work don't exactly seem to fit that idea. Everyone is getting naked when no one else is around. That got me thinking...

My challenge here is for everyone to push the envelope, just a little; to be more casual, more natural, more open, and less inhibited in what would normally be a public/semi-public, casual-yet-clothed circumstance. Let's see what we all can do in, say, the next two weeks.

Try something new. Try something that is maybe a little scary or threatening for you. Live a little. Take a risk. Then get back to us with your experience. I'll do something this weekend, and give you all the update on Monday. Hope there's more on this from everyone else!

Thom

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Thom
(no login)

The Challenge

No score for this post
January 31 2006, 9:09 PM 

OK, I took my own challenge, as promised, and it went very well!

A friend of mine had asked me and several other friends to help paint his living room on Saturday, with pizza and beer promised as incentive. We got together shortly after breakfast and proceded to get the house ready - moving furniture, taping woodwork, and so on. We were ready to paint around 11:00, and the first thing one of the guys did was to take off his shirt, saying it was just too comfortable an old shirt, and he didn't want to ruin it with paint. Two other guys agreed with him, and took off their shirts too. I hadn't anticipated that, but it seemed the perfect cue, so I followed their lead, except that I stripped off my pants as well. They've all seen me naked before, as I'm not particularly shy, but this was a new situation, and one of them asked me if he really was going to have to spend the day painting walls with a naked guy. I told him it was his choice, not mine, and got to work.

I have to admit, I wished at least one other guy would have stripped along with me, but no one did. But it was also fine with them that I did so. They're not nervous around other naked guys, and none of them is homophobic. I stayed naked the entire afternoon, even when the pizza arrived and we stopped to eat. When one of they guys' girlfriend showed up with a couple of cases of beer, we were caught off guard. She asked if house painting was always this interesting, and why wasn't she invited in the first place? My friend asked me to put my shorts back on, which I did, but they came off after she left.

So it was a good way to make a pleasant afternoon out of a pretty tedious job, and I know I'll feel more comfortable pushing the envelope at the next opportunity.

Thom

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
Ben
(no login)

Re: The Challenge

No score for this post
February 4 2006, 3:17 AM 

The below account happened this past Thursday. Though it wasn't a result of your challenge, it DOES fit in I think.

I share an apt. with another guy - he's very much a prude from what I can tell. We're roommates not friends so it's nothing something that's really been discussed. He's ALWAYS completely dressed. Even in the summer, long sleeves, long pants - I don't get it - it can't be comfortable. Anyway, I'm constantly shirtless at least. He has seen me on occasion walk naked to and from the bathroom. Has never made any comment about it. On Thursday, I was getting ready for work. I walked naked to the bathroom - he was still in bed. Once I was done with my shower, I heard the TV so I knew he was up. Once finished in the bathroom, I walked naked to my room in plain view of him. Once I got to my room, I decided I wanted to push the envelope a little. I saw the rent check on my dresser and knew he was expecting it. I picked it up and walked naked back to the livingroom to give it to him. I also stood there and explained that I had taken care of an errand that he had asked to run. I turned to go back to my room. He says, "Um...." and I turn back around and he says, "Do you still the need the bathroom?" Nope, I'm done. Went back to my room. Wanted to push the envelope a little MORE. I grabbed a glass that I had been drinking from, walked naked through the livingroom to the kitchen to get a drink and then back to my room. He still hasn't said anything about it bothering him. It was an interesting test of myself. Kind of a rush too as I'm not constantly naked around others.

Micah
(no login)

The Challenge

No score for this post
February 19 2006, 1:48 PM 

OK, I finally got the chance to follow through on your challenge. It was great!

I run every day, sometime with a friend or two, sometimes alone. Yesterday I went with a friend, Dave. I met him at his place, and we ran for a good ten miles in the cold. We agreed to send out for pizza afterwards. We got back to his place, completely sweaty. and he took a quick shower while I called in the pizza. Then it was my turn for a shower. Once I got out, I dried off, but decided not to dress, as my clothes were still wet and a little rank. I walked out into his living room, just as the pizza arrived. Dave had invited the delivery guy in, cause it was so cold outside, and he had to find the money. No one said anything about my nakedness, but we did talk a little with the guy about delivering in such weather. He didn't seem the least bit bothered standing around with a naked guy.

Then I didn't get dressed either, but asked Dave if could wash my clothes while we had the pizza and beer. He said sure, so I did that. Spent a couple of hours with him naked, though he was dressed. He's seen me naked before, and when we run in the summers, neither of us wear anything more than a pair of shorts. Still, it's the first time I've hung out at his place naked, and it was really gratifying to find he wasn't at all bothered or even interested. Makes me more comfortable to push that envelope even further the next time.

Micah

Peter
(no login)

The Challenge

No score for this post
March 12 2006, 12:47 PM 

I finally got my turn at this interesting challenge. With there were more opportunities for these ideas, but maybe when summer comes, there will be hundreds of replies to this message.

I have a friend who lives in a condo complex that includes an indoor workout room. I can't afford a gym so he and I work out together at this place. Yesterday, we did our usual routine, and finished later than usual. We were the only ones in the gym by this time, and he suggested we relax in the whirlpool, which I was glad to do. Problem was, he had brought a suit with him, and I hadn't. I decided not even to mention it, so when he changed into his speedo, I just pulled off my shorts and got in! At first, he didn't like this. It's not that he cares about nudity, cause he's often naked up in his apartment, but this whirlpool is right in the middle of the gym, and so he was nervous. I told him it was no big deal, and he started to relax. But after about 15 minutes, a guy and a girl came in and started on the exercycles. I thought it was kind of exciting to be in this situation, and my friend, seeing there was nothing much he could do, told me I was on my own if anything happened. Everything worked out, though. After about half an hour, the girl left. We were ready to go too, so I just stood up and walked over to my towel and clothes. The guy watched me, but he didn't say anything, or seem to care what he saw. I dried off, and then put the towel around me and we went back up to the apartment. We had to share the elevator too, me in a towel, and my friend in a dripping speedo. After this, I just couldn't make myself dress again until it was time to go home. A great evening!

Peter

James
(no login)

Re: The Challenge

No score for this post
March 12 2006, 10:05 PM 

Well, I don't have nearly the interesting story as you guys do. Yesterday morning, I realized it was trash day, and the trash guys were already out in my alley. I grabbed the trash can and ran out to the back, completely naked, and handed them everything. They looked at me, took the trash, and then gave me back my empty can. Never said a word. It wasn't a thrill for me, and I'm sure it wasn't for them, but I do think it fits into this category!

James

Andrew
(no login)

the challenge

No score for this post
March 19 2006, 1:01 PM 

Well, I tried this over the weekend, and I have to tell you, it's a really enjoyable to test yourself! I belong to a loosely organized, statewide environmental group, and we had a weekend meeting. Many of us went, and we rented a block of rooms in a motel. I shared my room with four other single guys to save money. On Saturday evening, a whole bunch of us went down to the pool and swam, had some drinks, talked in the whirlpool, and so on. It was a really good time. After a couple of hours a few of us were sitting by the pool talking and we got into a pretty serious discussion about the validity of hunters to the environmental movement (I think they're a great asset). One of the guys finally suggested we go back to our room for some room service - beers and food. We all went back there, continuing the discussion on the way. When we got back to the room, we were gathered around the table, arguing, and I calmly fetched myself a towel, pulled off my speedos and proceeded to dry off. The conversation took a pretty heated turn, so I didn't move, but continued to argue, naked. It was great! The food came, we had beers, and I just never got dressed. This lasted a couple of hours before we just got into bed and went to sleep. My nakedness never became an issue, it was just a casual and natural part of the evening. I loved it!

NakedBudd
(no login)

pushing the envelope a little...

No score for this post
August 1 2015, 6:16 PM 

OK, I'll pick up the ball and run with it. I've stripped to my bikini briefs while house painting with friends, hung out nude while conversing with my straight housemate, gone jogging with a friend (at a naturist resort, so along with hundreds of other athletic, tanned guys), taken out the trash late at night or early in the morning, and hung out at the hotel with friends. In fact, have NEVER had a negative response; I think they secretly admire my confidence.

So... how are YOU casually (and not "secretively") nude?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement