<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Clothing Optional Gym

February 26 2013 at 3:09 AM
No score for this post
A Smooth Dude  (Login ASmoothDude)

I am posting a response to Noels post about the gym where some members complained about guys not wearing shirts. For several years I was a member of a clothing optional gym. For safety reasons shoes were required, but other than that we could workout totally naked it we chose. A few guys did sometimes workout wearing just a jockstrap or thong, but most of us did worked out completely naked. Most of us usually had a small towel with us anyway to wipe out brow or hands with, so we could wipe down any equipment if need be. However a little sweat didnt seem to bother anyone too much, so there never seemed to be a real problem.
There is nothing like the feel of the open air on your straining muscles and the feel of your naked body directly on a hard leather covered bench when youre doing bench presses or other exercises and other exercises. Or watching in the mirrors as your muscles strain as you do squats or incline presses or flys. Man, isnt a little sweat what its all about anyway!?
I can tell you that there developed a special degree of male bonding with those members as we worked out naked together. We were all sorry to see the gym close down when the owner of the gym retired and the building sold.
Has an one else had a similar experience?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bobby
(Login BobbyGayBoi)

Re: Clothing Optional Gym

No score for this post
March 1 2013, 3:05 PM 

Why were shoes required. How would shoes make one safer. I go everwhere barefoot and would find it weird to have to put shoes on to use a gym.

Hugz

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.
R
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2013, 3:30 AM 

I think the theory is that, if you drop anything dangerous, your shoe will cushion your foot.

Same reason a science lab allows you to wear mesh-top sneakers, but not sandals.

Noel1835
(no login)

No score for this post
March 3 2013, 7:52 PM 

"For several years I was a member of a clothing optional gym."

Where was this Smooth Dude? What years? Did they advertise as clothing optional? Was it "official", or just "informal"? Was it just weightlifting or were their facilities for other sports, like basketball?

NakedBudd
(no login)

I would join this gym in a heartbeat!

No score for this post
August 2 2015, 5:26 PM 

happy.gif

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement