Anyone's Son

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Get Involved

June 21 2005 at 1:53 PM
Jon Doscher  (no login)

Dear friends and industry professionals,

The horrific events which took place in 1976 involving the De La Roche family and the town of Montvale, NJ is being developed into a major motion picture. My company Starline Films invites all of you to participate in this collaborative film project.

We are seeking writers, actors, extras, consultants, investors, producers & industry professionals to assist us in the production, distribution & promotion of the film.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dave Buchner
(no login)

Good Luck........

June 24 2005, 1:35 PM 

Jon,

Best of Luck to you.........Should prove to be an interesting movie and doc.

Dave Buchner...

Respond to this message   
Thomas Fisher
(Login fisherth)

Good Luck John...

June 25 2005, 11:20 AM 

Good luck with the pictrue John...

I grew up down the street from the De La Roche family... I was only 6 at the time but still remember playing with the youngest one...

Should make a great film... best of luck!

>Tom

Respond to this message   
Dara Feiler
(Login Darafeiler)

Re: Get Involved

June 26 2005, 10:30 AM 

Good luck on making the movie!

I have been living in Montvale most of my life. Not till recently, did I find out about these murders, but the house was right down the street from me ( I use to live on Cottage Ave). Everytime my friends drive past it, we get creeped out a little. It's going to interesting to see the movie and here what happened.

Respond to this message   
MCK
(no login)

I remember that day

June 27 2005, 10:02 AM 

That was a horrible day. Nothing like that had ever happened in Montvale before. I always felt sorry for Harry. He was different and always looked sad. Good Luck with the film...

Respond to this message   
(no login)

June 27 2005, 5:05 PM 

i know the kid who lives there now

Respond to this message   
Matt Merola
(no login)

Sweet Montvale

June 27 2005, 8:25 PM 

Hi John,

The name De La Roche still makes me a little cold.
Great idea for a film.
Best of luck!
I'll have to talk to you some more.
I live out in Santa Barbara CA now.
I'll be back in a month for a visit.

-Matt

Respond to this message   
Louise
(no login)

Re: Get Involved

June 27 2005, 9:12 PM 

Even thought I lived in Woodcliff Lake and not Montvale, I will never forget two horrible things growing up....the murder of Joan D'Alessandro of Hillsdale and the murder of the De La Roche family over Thanksgiving weekend in 1976. I remember the headlines like it was yesterday...'family murdered, stuffed in to trunks, son reports finding family dead on military leave'. Driving past the house with it's yellow police tape gave me the chills for years. Even thought the new homeowners renovated the house over the years...it was still the 'De la roche murder'house. I wish you good luck on the movie...I live at the Jersey shore now and just found out that there was a book written about this horrible, terrific murder.

Respond to this message   
Sue Gardner
(no login)

Re:get Invlved

June 28 2005, 12:02 PM 

I went to school with Harry. Good luck with the film. I did not know that there was a book.

Respond to this message   
Marie
(no login)

Don't make this movie, too sad to remember

July 2 2005, 11:05 AM 

I think you should leave well enough alone. This was a horrible murder. I knew Harry, my brother was in his class. Everyone made fun of Harry. His father was hard on him, he pushed him to do sports and to be like everyone else. He just didn't fit in.
Guns were a part of this family's lifestyle. They went to the shooting range in Park Ridge on a regular basis. See where that got them. Leave this story alone. Many families were affected by this. It is still chilling to think of this.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login moorefien)

Re: Don't make this movie, too sad to remember

July 8 2005, 12:48 AM 

Having guns in the house doesn't inspire everyone to use them to kill. People ALWAYS have choices. When someone makes the decision to take another life, he'll follow through however he can. If that gun isn't available, there's a knife.No knife?... baseball bat...No bat?...hit and run... etc. Don't blame a gun for what a sick, twisted mind did with it.

Respond to this message   
steve mahoney
(no login)

Truth

July 4 2005, 12:27 AM 

Jon, Call me if you want the the real story. Steve

Respond to this message   
(no login)

OSCAR!!!

July 7 2005, 11:09 PM 

I think you did it this time!...4Chosen is awesome and may get nominated!!...anyone's Son just may get you your 1st win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respond to this message   
Adrienne Eigner
(no login)

Good luck

July 17 2005, 7:19 PM 

Jon,
Grew up only a few streets away on Delores Dr...only 6 yrs old at the time but I remember the story. Good luck, Adrienne

Respond to this message   
PE
(no login)

WHO REALLY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED THAT TERRIBLE NIGHT

October 2 2005, 2:22 PM 

I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE FROM PARKRIDGE THAT HARRY FOUND SOME SOLACE WITH. I SPENT PLENTY OF TIME WITH HARRY AND WROTE TO HIM AT THE CITADEL.I KNEW OF HARRY'S TROUBLES AT SCHOOL AND AT HOME, BUT DID NOT SPEND ANYTIME IN HIS HOME. HOWEVER HE SPENT MANY HOURS AT MINE. I KNEW HIS FATHER WAS STRICT SO WE STAYED AWAY. I GOT THE IMPRESSION THAT HE WAS UNCOMFORTABLE BRINGING ANYONE TO HIS HOUSE. HE WAS NOTHING BUT KIND TO ME AND MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I ALWAYS GOT THE IMPRESSION THAT HE JUST WANTED TO BE PART OF A GROUP OF FRIENDS, TO JUST FIND A PLACE TO FIT IN.HE WROTE ME OF HIS CONCERNS FOR RONNIE AND THE TERRIBLE TREATMENT AT THE CITADEL, AS A MATTER OF FACT I NEVER THRU OUT THOSE LETTERS. I'VE READ THE BOOK, HOWEVER I WAS YOUNGER AT THE TIME OF THIS TRAGEDY AND WAS CONSTANTLY BOTHERED BY REPORTERS. MY FIRST INITIAL THOUGHTS WERE THAT NOWAY COULD HARRY HAVE EVER DONE SOMETHING LIKE THIS... I AM SADENED BY THE WHOLE THING AND I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT HARRY EVER GOT A FAIR TRIAL. HE WAS GUILTY BEFORE HE WAS EVEN ARRESTED. HOW SAD IT IS THAT A YOUNG BOY WHO TRIES TO MAKE FRIENDS AND FIT IN IS CONSTANTLY PUT DOWN AND MADE TO FEEL LIKE A DOG AND THEN TO GO HOME AND NOT HAVE THE SUPPORT SYSTEM THERE EITHER. IT AMAZES ME HOW SUCH AN UPSTANDING TOWN AS MONTVALE, DIDN'T HAVE A SCHOOL SYTEM STRONG ENOUGH TO GET THIS BOY THE HELP HE NEEDED, AND DON'T TELL ME THE SCHOOL HAD NO IDEA. I CAN ONLY SAY THAT I'M NOT SURE THAT JAIL WAS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR HARRY, OR EVEN IF HE DID COMMIT THESE HORRIBLE CRIMES. DNA WAS NOT LIKE IT IS TODAY BACK THEN!!!! HARRY NEEDED HELP AS WELL AS HIS FAMILY NEEDED HELP, BUT NOONE WAS THERE TO TAKE CONTROL, AND GET HELP FOR THIS FAMILY. I'M SURE THE REST OF THE EXTENTED FAMILY KNEW SOMETHING WASN'T RIGHT, BUT BACK THEN I GUESS PEOPLE DON'T GET INVOLVED IN OTHER PEOPLES PRIVATE BUSINESS... WHAT A SHAME THERE IS SO MUCH AVAILABLE THESE DAYS THRU THE SCHOOLS AND TOWNS AND CHURCHES, THAT IF THEY HAD THAT STUFF BACK THEN THIS FAMILY WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE HELP THEY NEEDED AND BE HAPPY FUNCTIONING PEOPLE? I HOPE HARRY HAS FOUND A WAY OF COPING WITH HIS SITUATION AND HAS FOUND SOMEONE TO BE ABLE TO HELP HIM COME TO TERMS WITH ALL OF THIS, BECAUSE ROTTING AWAY IN JAIL COULD ONLY ADD INSULT TO INJURY. Y QUESTION IS WHY A MOVIE NOW? AND HOW DOES HARRY FEEL ABOUT IT IF HE EVEN KNOWS? MY PRAYERS ARE WITH HIM AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE BEEN SINCE I'VE NEVER BEEN TOTALLY CONVINCED HE WAS GUILTY, AT LEAST THE HARRY I KNOW, PLUS THE MIND IS A COMPLICATED AND FRAGILE THING, WHAT ONE PERSON CAN ENDURE IS NOT THE SAME AS WHAT A DIFFERENT PERSON CAN ENDURE!

Respond to this message   
Muffie
(no login)

Under the pretty - Montvale was not so nice....

October 6 2005, 3:04 PM 

Greetings -

First, good luck on the film. I've read the book and corresponded briefly with the author.... very tragic.

I lived in Montvale - right there on Grand Ave....same as Harry. I'm class of '75 and remember him very clearly.

The kids I went to school with at PHHS were not very nice. I was a recipient of much taunting and abuse...verbal, physical (beaten up in the girls bathroom more than once) I made very few friends and doubt that anyone would remember me - in fact most of the few friends I had there are now deceased. I moved as far away as I could get - to California and have been here since 1976. I'm happy to say that I went on to have (and continue to have) a great life - working in a creative capacity in both the entertainment and design industries for over 20 yrs. but can still remember hiding in the 7-11 back room on Grand Ave (near Harry's) to escape the torment. Ah, nothing like childhood trauma to give you the desire to be the best you can be !

Respond to this message   
Muffie
(no login)

Under the pretty - Montvale was not so nice....

October 6 2005, 3:08 PM 

Greetings -

First, good luck on the film. I've read the book and corresponded briefly with the author.... very tragic.

I lived in Montvale - right there on Grand Ave....same as Harry. I'm class of '75 and remember him very clearly.

The kids I went to school with at PHHS were not very nice. I was a recipient of much taunting and abuse...verbal, physical (beaten up in the girls bathroom more than once) I made very few friends and doubt that anyone would remember me - in fact most of the few friends I had there are now deceased. I moved as far away as I could get - to California and have been here since 1976. I'm happy to say that I went on to have (and continue to have) a great life - working in both the industry and design industries for over 20 yrs. but can still remember hiding in the 7-11 back room on Grand Ave (near Harry's) to escape the torment. Ah, nothing like childhood trauma to give you the desire to be the best you can be !

Respond to this message   
Astrogirl
(Login Astrogirl59)

Good Luck...

October 11 2005, 7:50 PM 

Jon...good luck with the film. As someone who lived "arond the corner" it will be good for the truth to finally come out. Please don't "white-wash" over anything you learn about the nastiness from the students. Something like that should be exposed because it can help keep this kind of thing from happening to somebody else.

Respond to this message   
cheryl fleischer
(no login)

we used to drive harry to school sometimes

October 23 2005, 1:10 AM 

the kids in Pascack Hills could be very cruel and unaccepting. they didn't like anything or anyone outside of what they considered "the norm" or "acceptable". Harry never looked acceptable. he was quiet and at times, was teased unmercifully. he always had a sad look about him, but that's also because we only saw him at school and it could easily have been misinterpreted as his reluctance to be around a situation that made him feel uncomfortable. it was very easy to feel uncomfortable and unaccepted at hills. because harry kept to himself, it was difficult to know how bad his home life had been. harry and i were in the same grade in the same year at hills. when we moved from hillsdale to montvale, we used to drive past his house each day, i lived at the end of grand ave. anyday that we saw him walking to school, my mom would pull over and give him a ride. he never said much, was always polite, and always appreciative. i am thankful that my children attend a school district without the horrible cliche cliques that existed at hills. how sad it must have been to be young harry.

Respond to this message   
Robike W. Noll
(no login)

CONTACT FOR INFO

October 25 2005, 11:30 PM 

PHILIP BURRE OF EMERSON, WORKED FOR THE EMERSON DPW FOR MANY YEARS.... MAY STILL BE THERE..

HE AND A FEW FRIENDS PURCHASED THE HOUSE IN THE 80'S WITH THE INTENTIONS OF RENOVATING AND RESELLING (THEY WERE "FLIPPERS" BEFORE THEIR TIME....)

MANY STRANGE OCCURENCES HAPPENED DURING THEIR TIME THERE, THEY DID THEIR RENOVATIONS AND GOT OUT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I WAS THERE ONCE AND WHILE NO ONE WAS UPSTAIRS, EVERY RADIO, TV, STEREO IN THE HOUSE WENT ON FULL BLAST ALL AT ONCE. I NEVER WENT BACK...WAITED IN THE CAR WHEN WE NEEDED TO BE THERE FOR ANY REASON.

SEE IF YOU CAN FIND HIM, LOTS OF INFO THERE.
GOOD LUCK, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE... I REMEMBER THE DAY LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY...OUR OWN AMITYVILLE HORROR... AND GROWING UP RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD (KINDERKAMACK) A COUPLE OF TOWNS, IT WAS "THE" PLACE TO CRUISE PAST REPEATEDLY PRIOR TO KNOWING FOLKS WHO ACTUALLY BOUGHT THE PLACE.

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on MoviesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement