Anyone's Son

<< Previous TopicReturn to Index  

Do you have the courage to tell the truth?

July 2 2005 at 3:07 PM
Gary Hanna  (no login)

It never seizes to amaze me how people can be motivated by 30 seconds of stardom or a few bucks at the expense and sufferings of others tragedy. I don't understand why the story of a convicted first degree murdering lunatic needs to be told. If it must be told change the title to "Any Ones Son who Is a Murdering Lunatic". I also wonder what type of consulting some of your consultants (fout years old at the time) are contributing. If the story must be told it should be based on the truths of the tragedy as apposed to a book that was co-written by a lying murderer. I hope those involved ask themselves why they need to be associated with such a self serving project and I have no respect for those involved!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mark
(no login)

There's a story worth telling here...

July 2 2005, 3:58 PM 

I too hope that the "truth" is told, and I don't for a minute think Harry didn't kill them all. I knew Harry, not well, but he was in my grade at Pascack Hills and sat behind me in one class I remember. Lunatic? You bet. Don't think he started out that way though. Can we learn something from the story of one young man whose mind snapped under the pressure he felt...? Possible lessons on adolescent peer pressure, the effects of ostracism & verbal abuse, maybe parents who push kids too hard in directions they are scared to go, etc. To pass Harry off as simply a lunatic is a bit too simple. This kid we all knew in school suddenly killed his entire family. Might just be something here worth exploring...don't you think?

Respond to this message   
Andy
(no login)

I knew Harry

July 5 2005, 8:25 PM 

Hi. I was in Harry's graduating class at Pascack Hills. We both graduated in June 1976, just a few weeks before the Bicentennial. Yes, Harry was mocked and tormented in high school, but so were lots of kids. Those were the days before any semblance of political correctness and sense of inclusiveness.

Teachers and administrators did nothing to stop the harassment of students who were way down at the bottom of the social ladder. And there were very few people lower than Harry. (Fred Zott, maybe?. Nah..Fred was OK.) Many times I remember hearing the school staff telling students to "work it out among yourselves" when somebody was getting skewered by the jock/bully types.

I suspect Harry harbored years and years of hostility towards his tormentors. When he also fell to the bottom of the social heap at the Citadel military college, he wanted to quit but his father insisted upon his return. I believe that in that moment, he finally made a fatal decision. On the night of the murders, he went drinking at Maximus in New City. The alcohol in conjunction with his father's insistance on returning to a place Harry hated probably made Harry snap. I have no idea how much he drank that night, but have a feeling it probably wouldn't have taken very much to push him over the edge.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: I knew Harry

July 6 2005, 7:44 AM 

well said Andy...Yeah Fred was OK... I think that the lesson here is tolerance tolerance tolerance...

Respond to this message   
jeff
(no login)

sociopathology

May 19 2011, 12:16 AM 

A sociopath is created by age 7. No ammount of tolerance or pc inclusion can ever change one of these monsters. It has been estimated that there are as many as 4 sociopaths for every 100 people living. Besides having no conscience or ability to feel empathy for others, they are experts at hiding their sociopathology.
There's a very good chance Harry was a sociopath.

Respond to this message   
1976 Graduate
(no login)

Yes Andy, you are RIGHT with Alcohol

July 27 2005, 4:01 AM 

Hi Andy,

I'm a 1976 graduate and would rather remain unknown, so $%&# anyone (Bob) who objects. For one thing, in my opinion, this "project" will probably never "get off the ground". YES, I agree, alcohol fueled the events of the night.

I am looking through the '76 year book. What happened to Amy Bruml? She looks hot. Due to this site, I am fasincated with discovering the "uncovered chicks". They are the "Desparate Housewife's" of our times. It's funny, we had our own kind of "Olsen Twins" with Dottie and Patricia Ewings (I see there pictures, but don't remember at all who they were?). I think I would of married Janet Facko if she didn't die.....that was sad (blood clot I understand). I "connected" with her in H.S. and we played tennis together. Who could forget Lisa Ferraro. I went to college in Ohio and was friends with a dude who was in High School with her from 9th to 11th, before she went to Hills for her Senior year. She's was originally from Little Falls, NJ. I remember seeing her at the 10th yr. reunion....a hot looking girl and she was a doctor!. I don't think I ever talked to Angela Gagliardi...geez was she like a Tony Soprano's daughter? I like what I see, and I was really out of her league. I bet Deborah Lettiere is now a real smooth sexy successful gal. Oh my Lord, who the hell is "Yuko Minegushi"?....I don't remeber her AT ALL, we were so "white" in our world, and now that I evolved, she is really beautiful. Enough of my drabble....ROCK ON..."Hey kids..... jump up and down with your blue sweade shoes"

This message has been edited by starlinefilms on Aug 5, 2005 1:04 PM

Respond to this message   
Bob Hawkins
(Login xBHawk)

.......1976 GRADUATE… What a SICKO !!

August 5 2005, 5:24 AM 

Yes, we are all interested in what chicks you think are HOT and witch ones are NOT HOT. That is why this message board was started. It is only the anonymity of the internet that allows you to do this.
You are a SICKO for sure. I can tell by your fantasy stroll through the yearbook, that Hollywood has perfectly programmed you. Desperate Housewives, Tony Soprano, ROCK ON..."Hey kids..... jump up and down with your blue sweade shoes" These references show me that your world is only what Hollywood and “Rock & Roll” has showed you. I don’t know what an Olsen twin is, but I know that you are having some kind of sexual fantasy involving the Ewing girls. I am sure that each of the girls you name are just thrilled. I forgot Lisa, and Yuko was a friend of mine.

I have a term for what you “EVOLVED INTO” You are a typical lazy, selfish, American hypocrite who was programmed by Hollywood to do what is easiest for your own selfish self. No we can’t get enough of your drabble, give us more of it.

Of course you would rather remain unknown, that way you never need to take responsibility for anything you do or say, that reminds me of how AL-Quada operates. And is exactly what Hollywood programs. The opposite of taking responsibility for your actions.
1976 GRADUATE, you learned so well.
And since foul language is tolerated by this moderator… $%&# YOU TOO

This message has been edited by starlinefilms on Aug 5, 2005 1:04 PM

Respond to this message   
lounmike
(Login lounmike)

Re: Yes Andy, you are RIGHT with Alcohol

September 1 2005, 12:01 AM 

For your information...both of the Ewing girls have passed away including their brother Jim

Respond to this message   
Hawley
(no login)

What happened to the Ewings

September 3 2005, 6:59 PM 

I remember Patty, Dottie and Jimmy. What happened that three children in the same family have all passed away so young?

Respond to this message   
Lou
(no login)

Ewings

September 17 2005, 8:41 PM 

Both of the Ewings girls and their brother Jim passed away from Aids in FL from drug use. I understand the Jeff Stumpf is living in FL too.

Respond to this message   
Ian Anderson
(no login)

Tull

September 17 2005, 9:05 PM 

they were as thick as a brick

Respond to this message   
Hawley
(no login)

This is very sad

September 19 2005, 7:02 AM 

That is very sad.

Respond to this message   
Peter
(no login)

Ewing's

June 3 2009, 7:26 PM 

Hi, I lived in Montvale fm '59- 73. I went to school with Jim Ewing, his dad was a cop. Can you tell me what you know? He also lived across the street from Diane Kinnard. Do you know her? Thank you.

Respond to this message   
mark brady
(Login markbrady)

ummmm

February 23 2008, 4:53 PM 

I'm sure Fred Zott would appreciate your comments...

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login jimrab)

Let's bash Harry again

July 2 2005, 9:59 PM 

Were you one of the wonderful Pascack Hills schoolmates who taunted Harry? By the tone of your little editorial it sure seems probable. I knew Harry in High School. I was one of his few friends. Harry was the butt of every joke. He was tormented every day in that school. He was driven over the edge by heartless, mean punks who wanted to show their toughness by picking constantly on those too weak and too timid to defend themselves. There is a story here that should be told, and is relevant to everybody still. Do you have children? Then it should be even more relevant to you. I know that Harry commited that horrendous crime. But he didn't do it alone. No, he had a lot of help that night. He had all the people like you, helping him pull that trigger. He had 18 years of rage, drilled into his teenage mind, by compassionless, tormentors who took such pride and joy beating him down on a daily basis. So instead of bashing Harry again, think about that, and how maybe, just maybe, a tormented kid somewhere might be saved from shooting up his high school because his tormentors saw this movie and did a little thinking afterwards. How would you have faired if you had had to live in Harry's shoes? Do YOU have the courage to tell the truth?

Respond to this message   
A friend
(no login)

Thank you

July 4 2005, 12:43 AM 

Well said

Respond to this message   
Maximus
(no login)

Do you have the courage to put your name to your message?

July 5 2005, 11:01 AM 

Respond to this message   
What Ever
(no login)

Butcher

July 5 2005, 11:45 AM 

Let's blame it on the kids at his school that's an easy excuse. But to butcher his family because the kids at Pascack Hill called him names etc is a joke. He is lucky that he is not hanging by his nut sack instead of having three meals a day and I'm sure getting better treatment then he gave to his family. Screw Harry and may he burn in Hell

Respond to this message   
lily
(no login)

Re: Let's bash Harry again

July 19 2005, 10:15 PM 

Kudos on speaking the truth. What Harry did was unconscionable, but let's take a look at what drove him to it. An emotionally and verbally abusive father, a mother who stood by and did nothing to prevent the abuse, and no support from his peers; on the contrary the ridicule, taunts, and physical abuse by his classmates (remember the incident in the cafeteria involving excrement?)only added to his feelings of isolation and humiliation. The administration of PH should also be held accountable - to allow that type of behavior by students and chalking it up to kids will be kids and let them deal with it on their own is appalling.

Respond to this message   
A FRIEND FROM PR
(no login)

Re: Let's bash Harry again

October 2 2005, 2:31 PM 

ITS ABOUT TIME SOMEONE HAD A LITTLE INSITE INTO WHAT A TORMENTED LIFE HARRY HAD WITH OUT ANY HELP WHAT SO EVER... THANK YOU!!!!!

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  << Previous TopicReturn to Index  
Find more forums on MoviesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement