Anyone's Son

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Can you see the real Montvale, can ya?

September 6 2005 at 12:28 PM
Chickie  (no login)

You know, I read through these forums and Montvale looks like a bunch of losers and dweebs. That is not the place I grew up. Unfortunately the country has turned into this anal retentive, politically correct hate fest. The things we did, would have our children serving time today. The police have carte blanc to harass any kids out on the streets or hanging out at the mall in my town. My son knows about all the stuff we did and is so jealous they cannot “live” in present day America.

What harry went through in school is not unusual or wrong. I don’t remember him getting picked on much in grade school, and wasn’t there for high school. And I guarantee it was nothing like what went on in my school. One of my classmates got lifted off the floor by his nuts. I’m surprised no one got killed with what went on at tech. In the animal kingdom such ranking prepares one for the real world. If the little lion cub don’t learn to protect himself, he will not make it. I really don’t think it a good idea not to use red ink because it upsets some students. This trend of coddling and protecting and “not keeping score” is just insane! There is a book describing this trend but I can’t remember the name right now. If harry had any friends they would have told him to move the hell out. I walked away from Montvale 9/76 with $200 and a $500 scholarship, moved to Denver for school. If he was working, there is no reason he couldn’t have just bailed.

That said, I thought Montvale was great. Anyone got stories to support my theory? I’ll start. This is a pic of the bridge on grand ave between the firehouse and huffs. Been over it a million times right, ever been under it?

Me and stumpf used to go down after a big rain and ride the rapids. I don’t remember if anyone else was there, I think burg and serg may have done it too, maybe mccloud? They were as wild as any rapids you have seen. One time we here heading right for this bridge and it didn’t look like there was enough room to get under. The rafts just barely fit with us ducking down inside. By some miracle we didn’t get stuck under the bridge. We ended up in the middle of the electric light pond. That is how we used to play Montvale. It is no secret that kearney and dudek were overjoyed when I was out of the school system. I know many of the little mysteries that happened. Anyone know what happened to Barbara stark here?

I do! BTW anyone know why the library took all the grad photos down from the website?
Burg mail me!

Oh, and very tragic about the Ewing girls, I always liked them. May they rest in peace.

One more thing, superintendent Kearney retired down here, and yes he remembers me.
/still plays with cars

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(Login 3heads)

Where is Jeff now?

September 7 2005, 9:20 PM 

Where is Jeff, Serg, Gary Meyer, Flip, Zigler, W. Jimenez, Holly? Who knows? Who cares? Jeff was cool. I do not remember him ever giving Harry a hard time. I use to sell them both pot. I had some good times riding around Montvale's dark underbelly at night in Jeff's VW bug. How did the Ewing sisters die? That is sad. Now Harry didn't kill anyone. Let the poor guy out of jail. I was in home room with Harry for nine years and I can tell you he was a gentle soul. I left town in 1976 and he should have too. Montvale hasn't changed. It's citizens still eat plastic and puke elastic. Woodcliff Lake was much cooler, some of those kids could even speak French.

Respond to this message   
toni
(Login tonicot)

Re: Where is Jeff now?

September 14 2005, 1:31 PM 

In answer to where is Gary meyer, he died many years ago. It could have been around 1976.He was found hanging from a flag pole in closter. They felt it was foul play. We knew it was foul play and had strong suspicions of who the people were involved. Very sad. Serge died as well. As far as W. Jimenez, do you mean Warren? The last time i saw Warren was in Florida at least 15 years ago. His brothers Wesley,Wendell and William have all died as well. As far as the Ewing girls, they were both heavy into drugs. I heard they both had Aids. Unbelieveable.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login 58heads)

a better story

September 15 2005, 9:02 AM 

Little baseball players in the 1960's is warm and fuzzy but it has nothing to do with the Montvale drug culture in the 1970's, when Harry's younger brother killed his family and Harry took the fall. A lot of drug related deaths. Let us not forget Bob Hughes. I understand he over dosed under the watchful eyes of the police in Rhode Island. Did Gary, Serg, and and Bob play baseball? Did the Ewing sisters ever go to the fields to cheer on a team. Whatever happened to that Brussard boy that Ziegler and Janovic use to pick on?

Respond to this message   
chicky
(no login)

Re: a better story

October 2 2005, 8:23 PM 

I don’t remember if Meyers played ball, I doubt it. But, yes Serg and Hughes did. There were 167 that graduated from flintstone in 72. Many of those played in some sports. In fact Toni (below) and her sister were softball stars. We know of at least 5 total failures from the class, is that a large percentage? We had 172 graduate from tech in 76 and we know where more than 50% of the class is. We have 6 known deaths, 2 of those under dubious circumstances. Countywide there is less percentage than one town, maybe there is something to Montvale?

The whole point to this thread is for positive things about Montvale. If someone from outside the area reads these forums, Montvale is portrayed as “sincity”. That couldn’t be further from the truth. The MAL is a shining star in my opinion. I live in the south, women are second class citizens to this day. My dentist’s building had the words “colored” scraped off a restroom door and varnished over. They didn’t even have the decency to sand the whole door. So when a town breaks from a national organization to allow girls a chance at equality in the 50’s, that is noteworthy.

I can’t think of anything negative to say about Montvale. Oh, except it is too damn expensive to live there. Maybe that it got too built up, sucked seeing every tree torn down to build something. It is pitiful, as Toni mentioned, that people won’t use their real names. What is to hide from, the cops can’t prosecute this late in the game. Worried about the stolen jeep? Everyone knew harry, but no one knows what he drove? Some friends, I know what everyone that I went to school with drove. To the people outside the pascack valley, please ask and do not take these forums for gospel. My main interest in all this was to hook up with old friends and see what has been going on the last 30 years. I entered the forums, and wrote the admin to see if the real story would come out. I was an IATSE stagehand for years and have seen what happens to movies from behind the scenes, I don’t want to see Montvale ruined, or turned into a joke.

I have the grad class of 72 on the web if anyone from the class wants to see it. Mail me, I won’t post it in a public forum.

How bout Halloween stories? There were some pretty good ones. Actually those wouldn’t portray us in a very good light. In contrast, here it is the devils holiday, I have lived here for 25 years and never seen a trick or treater. Be thankful for good candy in Montvale.

Respond to this message   
anonymous
(no login)

no one really knows what goes on behind closed doors.

September 26 2009, 7:47 PM 

Harry's father wasn't just strict, but abusive mentally and physically. Harry was told that he had to go into the service. Do any of you, at your age know what that was like? Of course not. Anyway, after the service beats the hell out of you and "hazing"is an understatement, you would probably snap too.
Harry went awal. He came back home and begged and pleaded to his father to not make him go back. He father was making him go and then mentally destroyed this "kid"at the time. All you people that were partying in high school and hanging out, obviously didn't have "fear" instilled upon you as a child. It's sad, however, he has to be accountable for the massacre of his family.

Respond to this message   
Chicky
(no login)

Re: Can you see the real Montvale, can ya?

September 13 2005, 4:43 PM 

120 page views and no one has anything good to say about Montvale? I’m going to tell something about the Montvale Athletic League that makes Montvale a pioneer. Before the MAL, was little league, the MAL was formed because the LL refused to let girls play. All this went down before Harry sr was around. We were in from the beginning, the MAL was entwined in my childhood. I spent many hours working on MAL stuff, and if I never paint another helmet that will be too soon. We painted a bus for the scouts out in front of public works one weekend too. So here in the late 50’s, Montvale was a champion of women’s rights. The earliest schedule I have is from 66, but I remember ones from the 50’s down in the basement.

Last I heard about Jeff, he and his family were doing fine. I heard Serg is no longer with us. There are some I’m sure that care.
(Toni, I sent you some pictures just in case the spam filter got it, I can resend.)

Respond to this message   
toni
(Login tonicot)

September 14 2005, 11:40 AM 

Is this Dave? I guess the spam filters got to your e-mail,didn't get the pictures. It's great to read all these e-mails from the old Montvale group.
Montvale was a great place to grow up. It's really sad how many of our friends have died. Dotty and Patty Ewing died quite a while back. I think I even heard Jimmy Ewing died. I feel sorry for Mr. Ewing. He lost his entire
family. We should have a reunion. That would be a trip. Please try to send those pictures again. Thanks

Respond to this message   
toni
(Login tonicot)

September 14 2005, 1:44 PM 

Thanks for sharing the picture.Brings back great memories. Yes I know what happened to Barbara stark. I thought everyone did. Montvale was a great place to grow up. I wish everyone would use their real names. Most of us probably have known each other since we were in 2nd grade or at least thru
Fieldstone.

Respond to this message   
Burt Schwab
(no login)

Surfs-up

April 10 2007, 10:37 PM 

Yep them wite whater reppids is smokin! I dun them lots a times. dumm bridj was bilt wa tu friggin lo tho. What's up with Barbara Stark? She's special! I Love Montvale and all the miraculous memories. I pray I'll see Harry and all of you in heaven. Got Milk? Yeah, me neither, Go with GOD. Burt Schwab

Respond to this message   
jo d
(no login)

i was there

May 12 2008, 9:28 PM 

after every rain storm we would head to huffs brook and raft down to electric lake

Respond to this message   
jo d
(no login)

i was there

May 12 2008, 9:28 PM 

after every rain storm we would head to huffs brook and raft down to electric lake

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on MoviesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement