Anyone's Son

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Montvale: Under the Pretty - Not So Nice !

October 6 2005 at 3:17 PM
Muffie  (no login)

Greetings -

First, good luck on the film. I've read the book and corresponded briefly with the author.... very tragic.

I lived in Montvale - right there on Grand Ave....same as Harry. I'm class of '75 and remember him very clearly.

The kids I went to school with at PHHS were not very nice. I was a recipient of much taunting and abuse...verbal, physical (beaten up in the girls bathroom more than once) I made very few friends and doubt that anyone would remember me - in fact most of the few friends I had there are now deceased. I moved as far away as I could get - to California and have been here since 1976. I'm happy to say that I went on to have (and continue to have) a great life - working in both the entertainment and design industries for over 20 yrs. but can still remember hiding in the 7-11 back room on Grand Ave (near Harry's) to escape the torment. Ah, nothing like childhood trauma to give you the desire to be the best you can be !

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Me Too
(no login)

Agree

October 11 2005, 9:32 AM 

I had a similar experience. It was really awful - nobody cared.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login 1976class)

No kidding

October 11 2005, 9:40 PM 

The teachers at that high school humiliated Harry as well as other children. What a nasty place. The student body picked on the weak or the different and these poor souls could find no shelter from the teaching staff. The student body ws well aware of these bullies. They either supported it or ignored it, but no one cared enough to step in and put a stop to it. How anyone can be proud of growing up in Montvale or staying there is beyond me.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: No kidding

October 12 2005, 9:23 AM 

Trust me the nastiness lives on.. only now they can reach new levels.. with the internet... someone needs to pop the bubble that surrounds Montvale .. and expose it for what it really is...

Respond to this message   
Christer
(no login)

Re: No kidding

December 1 2005, 7:55 PM 

"expose it for what it really is..." Ok, so what is it?

Or did you mean "expose it for what it really was..."?

Respond to this message   
Chicky
(no login)

Re: Montvale: Under the Pretty - Not So Nice !

October 16 2005, 4:03 PM 

I’m going to say first, that I failed Meledandri’s (sp) humanities class. Probably her French class too, anyway this site is like a scene out of Jay and Silent Bob, but without the funny. (clip rated “r” for new jersey movie language) All these melodramatic accounts of 30 year old traumatic hell from high school, and never any names or details. I didn’t go to Hills, the people who did never relayed these horror stories to me. I can detail what when on in my school, and who did it, and what the outcome was.

I ask everyone who reads this site to take everything with a whole shaker of salt, as most of this is probably blown way out of proportion. There is no way Hills was as bad as Tech, and I can tell you many of us loved our high school experience. I run my class’s website, and can back this up with testimonials from the class.

Maybe if anyone put up real details, the offenders could offer some solace or an apology. Instead we have a select few that were horribly scared for life by some school antics. I would like to again put up numbers, there had to be at least 500 graduate from Hills, most of those students are not heard from. Take that into account when reading from the few here that had issues.

That said, I would give anything to go back to those times so my kid doesn’t have to grow up in this oppressed country of stupid adults. America is a horrible place to grow up, kids dare not step out on to the streets for fear of harassment by fascist police force. Most of us in my groups are leading normal lives. Had we done now, what we did back then, we all would have been jailed, our lives ruined, for harmless pranks. Believe me those were glory days, it really sucks to be a kid now days. One last clip from ‘73, they tried to tell us.

Respond to this message   
Helen
(no login)

October 16 2005, 6:53 PM 

who are you?

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login 76class)

October 16 2005, 9:00 PM 

Aren't you the person who said that you saw someone get picked up off the floor by their balls at Bergen Tech. Sounds harmless, unless this student eventually wanted to have children. Did you think this was normal? Did you do anything to stop or aid this fellow student? Did you do any thing to aid or stop any of the harassment that Harry experienced? Did you turn a blind eye just like the Montvale teachers, police, and elders did? Montvale sucked and so do the do nothings that let these abnormal activities continue. Must have been the water in that creek behind Huff's. You weren't suppose to drink that stuff.

Respond to this message   
Chicky
(no login)

October 17 2005, 12:10 AM 

This is not about me, this is about Montvale. But since you bring it up. Nope I would not stop the harassment, because I think it is vital to growing up. Like I have said before it is natural selection for the weak to be picked on and eliminated. American culture is about winning, is it any wonder that losers like harry got tormented? Notice how the loser of a football game gets all the accolades and praise in the press? We are win win win, how long is a ceo around if he fails? Don’t even tell me every kid should be protected and never see pain and heartbreak of being different. That is where adults come in, the blame is ultimately on the adults for not properly coaching kids that suck. The adults need to make kids like harry comfortable and helping them to find thier place. Harrys was not military school, that is for damn sure.

And again where are the actual stories? The classmate of mine was Tom Camphousen, he quit tech after that. There were 20 of us that stayed the course for 4 years there. Most of my classmates can tell stories of physical abuse. Real abuse, beaten with chain and pipes, hosed down and locked in a freezer. I guarantee that not one of our 20 will complain about the antics. If you are wondering, no I was never a target, nor was I an aggressor. Where is someone saying I saw harry get beaten up? I saw this teacher piss all over harry? And then have confirmation to back it up.

Here you all are saying, Montvale is soooo bad, I’m one telling everyone else there are plenty who don’t believe all your whiney crap. Montvale was a great place to grow up! Man if you couldn’t deal with a Pleasantville like Montvale, imagine how you’d have done in Paterson.

And Helen? We had no Helen in Montvale in the class that would be 76’s. I was well known, Doc Russo (science teacher, fieldstone) gave me the nickname as in, “chicky baby you have had it this time” Or “chicky you are one sick bastard” that was in class! If you are not from Montvale you don’t know me. Everyone else from the class should.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

October 17 2005, 9:59 PM 

What is the matter with you. You think twisting some poor boys genitals and than lifting him off the floor by them is about growing up. Your sick. I was kicked in the balls by Ray Janovic at the bus stop one snowy morning so hard I blacked out. Other kids were there and did nothing to help. Janovic laughed. He was a sadistic MF. I suppose you think children starving in Darfur is also about growing up. You and your classmates who inflicted or endured physical abuse are sick puppies. You should read what your writting. It isn't normal. What were the teachers doing while you and your fellow classmates beat each other with pipes and chains. Locking children in freezer? What's wrong with you. Your postings are proof that Montvale, Park Ridge, Hillsdale, and Woodcliff Lake were not populated by normal people.

Respond to this message   
chicky
(no login)

October 18 2005, 12:11 AM 

Jebus this site is like Larry, Kent I’d like you to meet Mohammad, Jugdish Sidney and Clayton. I said I failed humanities, meaning I think humans are a waste of O2. The whole species does nothing but devour and destroy what it touches. I’m just as guilty, I’m just saying. I’m posting to defend my teachers. If the teachers saw Prisco do that he would have been expelled. None of the teachers put up with any shit, they have had to take students out before. Our classes were in industrial environments, there was no possible way to watch over everything. Horticulture was responsible for the entire grounds as well as the shop and greenhouse, that is a lot of real estate to get into trouble. Same with carpentry, masonry, boiler room, there was just a lot of places to get nailed. In 76 we had the largest class that ever had graduated from tech. Despite the "lessons", we all seem to have come through fine. Tom, was a flaky student, he was absent a lot, he was not real bright. It was an unfortunate event, but does seem to support my “only the strong survive” theory. I had thought about adding a bit about the teachers after my post, I figured someone would call me on it. We had great teachers, most of us loved our school.
As far as starving in the 3rd world, I don’t give a shit about that either. Remember the survival of the fittest, damn, nova is on pbs and it is free, they have educational shows you know. In Pennsylvania they say they have to kill deer because they will starve. How exactly is man better than deer? (you know there is no point in answering that question that won’t end up in some theological BS)

The point of my posts are not who got abused, it was:
Montvale did not suck!

Statisticly this site has a high population of "harry" types, obviously there were bullies as well. All I ask is that readers toss the high and low and see that there were hundreds that are not in those demographics. Last thing is a funny little 2mb movie!

Respond to this message   
Karl
(no login)

Chicky Moron

April 22 2011, 10:55 AM 

You are an absolute moron. Perhaps Russo should have called you something else or provided you with a similar brace for your brain.

Respond to this message   
J
(no login)

WHO R U??

November 8 2005, 10:50 AM 

U STATED THAT RAY JANOVIC WAS A "SADISTIC MF", I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHO U ARE. HE IS NOW DEAD AND CANNOT DEFEND HIMSELF, DID U NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG WHEN U WERE A TEENAGER?????? HOW WELL DID U REALLY KNOW RAY JANOVIC TO SAY SUCH A THING????

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login amehis)

Ray and Ron

November 12 2005, 4:40 PM 

I saw Ray Janovic and Ron Ziegler put some poor bastards head in the toilet and flush it during the pledge to the flag during homeroom in the bathroom in the cafeteria. This was around 1972. I did not intervene. I am a loser to this day. I am sorry that Ray is dead. He did seem to be sadistic and a bit stupid. I hope he was able to contribute to human kind during his short life. Lots of youngsters make teenage mistakes. Sadism is genetic and is difficult to overcome.

Respond to this message   
Class of 72
(no login)

Janovic

September 3 2007, 3:25 PM 

You reap what you sow ..............the victim is 39-year-old Raymond J. Janovic Jr. According to preliminary reports, Janovic, the father of two children ... erupted into flames and Janovic was pinned inside while the vehicle burned.

Respond to this message   
Disgusted
(no login)

Are you the Grim Reaper???

September 5 2007, 7:14 PM 

Apparently you feel you are the great judge of how people "REAP WHAT THEY SOW"
I hope you do not have children or any skeletons in your closet. I wouldn't want you or your loved ones to have to pay for your adolescent mistakes in a fiery crash. That would really suck...huh?
Normally, with age comes wisdom. That concept seems to lost on you.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login dodge76)

lunch money and cigarettes

November 16 2005, 1:19 AM 

Ray and his crew would shake down Harry on a regular basis for lunch money, cigarettes, and reefer. I guess the state of NJ should have provided these boys with free hot lunches so these under priviliged children would not have to steal for a smoke or a hot lunch. I was scared of these people so I kept my distance and a low profile. Not only did they enjoy hurting Harry they hurt other people too. This was not teenage pranks, it was agressive, antisocial behavior. Ray is dead, but that does not change the facts. He was a cruel bully that left a wake of innocent victims in his path.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login milligianstew)

Hitler couldn't defend himself either, Should he be forgiven?

November 17 2005, 1:45 AM 

Who are you and why would any body want to defend Ray Janovic? He was a sadistic and he enjoyed it. Thank god he cannot hurt anyone any more.

Respond to this message   
Burt Schwab
(no login)

R.J.

April 12 2007, 12:05 PM 

Ray may have had his faults but he also was a man who knew how to repay his debts and be a man of his word. A lot of "nice" people don't have the character to behave as well. God loves Ray and that's all I need to know!

Respond to this message   
CW
(no login)

AND ON AND ON

November 15 2005, 7:45 PM 

POSTING REMOVED BY STARLINE FILMS

This message has been edited by starlinefilms on Jan 27, 2006 4:01 PM

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on MoviesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement