Anyone's Son

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Remembering the youngest victim....

November 6 2005 at 1:01 AM
Jean Littlefield (Anonymous, please)  (no login)

We lived just off Grand Ave., up the hills from the DeLaRoche's house. My youngest son, a middle schooler at Fieldstone School walked down to Abe's for a paper that Thanksgiving Day. When he returned all hot and bothered, shouting that a murder had happened down the hill. Later we realized the police decided it was Harry, the oldest son, who had murdered his family. My son was in the Fieldstone band, and sat next to Eric in the band room. He was very shook up about the fact that he heard that Eric had survived the first attempt on his life and had tried to flee the house. Harry caught him at the front door and battered him with his rifle.

It was customary to take class photos soon after school started and deliver them just before Christmas for gift giving. When the photos were handed out in homeroom, the teacher called the kids up one by one to receive theirs. There was a long pause at one point, and the teacher took one pack of photos and put them face down on her desk. Shortly thereafter - another pause - and she opened a drawer and put the pack IN her desk. The photos were of Eric, but all the homeroom knew what was going on by the expression on her face, and her quivering chin.

Harry was picked on at the Montvale pool as well as at school.
Of course, he had a hang-dog attitude...who wouldn't? Children can be so cruel. But they can also be very sympathetic. I know Eric's death affected my son his classmate and bandmate, negatively for several years.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
conrad rotondella
(no login)

Eric and John

November 15 2005, 6:52 PM 

Hi Mrs Littlefield...

It's Conrad, John's buddy from High School... I used to play football with Eric that year... he was guard and I was a tackle. Poor casting if you ask me cause I was about 100lbs soaking wet

Anyway.... I heard some news about John and I'd like to know how valid it is... feel free to contact me.. it's been too long

-conrad

Respond to this message   
Suzie Causey
(no login)

Re: Remembering the youngest victim....

July 16 2007, 11:12 AM 

Hello Mrs. Littlefield, I was also a classmate of your son and Eric. It affected all of us! Really too young to grasp the reasoning good or bad, right or wrong. Why Eric?? Still think about him from time to time.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(Login moorefien)

Re: Remembering the youngest victim....

June 6 2008, 11:52 PM 

I went to school with both Eric and Jon as well. Eric was a heck of a nice kid - everybody liked him.... it was very hard for everyone

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on MoviesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement