Anyone's Son

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Harry now

January 20 2008 at 5:46 PM
Joe class of 1970's  (no login)

What information do we know about Harry now? Does he still talk to anyone from his family? Steve?

How has prison been for him? Has he been treated fair in prison? Why is he in a medical Prison?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Harry now

January 29 2008, 12:43 AM 

Harry is not in medical prison. He is a paralegal there. He can receive letters but most things are prohibited, including stamps. They have to buy everything. No one has been talking to him since the people here did his interview. He was recently up for parole in august. He said the food sucks. He works on a computer but has no net access. He is not permitted to print anything other than legal docs from a floppy. I will be sending him some things next month. He also said terrestrial radio blows.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

May 15 2008, 8:23 PM 

grew up in Montvale also..and my Dad was a coach in little league..I remember how downright terrible and abusive Mr.Delaroche was to Harry..and how Mrs Delaroche did nothing to stop and help him..today they would have both been arrested for child abuse..the sad thing is how many people said they were "wonderfuly kind and religious people"..what a joke..Harry had been in my house a few times and was always very polite. He was a tormented person that just snapped..

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

HARRY DE LA ROCHE

November 7 2009, 5:53 PM 

I just found out about this site.
I too grew up in Montvale, N. J.
I lived directly across the street from the De La Roches. I use to play
with Harry when we were little kids. My younger brother used to play
with Harry's little brother Eric.
I agree with the fact that Harry's father was very dominering, and used to
"bark" commands and demands on those children. My dad and I used to sit
on our front porch across the street form theirs, and he used to say,(not
so they could here) to his father, "why don't you pick on someone your
own size."
Harry and I used to play and swim in his "kiddy pool" together, because we
wern't old enough to swim with the bigger kids, in the inground pool.
The neighbors had an in-ground pool, and my older brother and sister could
swim in that.
I believe Harry and his family lived with a Mrs. Greer. Maybe Mrs. DE La
Roche's mother? Not sure.

Again, this is so strange to hear about this now. I was 21 years old when
this took place, and I am now a Grand-ma.

I agree also, that if this took place in todays world, they all whould have
been hauled off and taken away. Then maybe none of this would have happened.
However, the Montvale of today.........is NOTHING like the Montvale of days
past. So much took place in those days that people either, looked they other
way, or just didn't notice.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

February 4 2008, 3:32 PM 

What do you mean by "medical prison"?

Respond to this message   
Joe
(no login)

Re

February 15 2008, 5:14 PM 

But Why is Harry in a prison in cumberland county & not up by Bergen were the crime was ?

I just heard that there was a medical clinic at the cumberland county prison but I guess all prisons have medical clinics.

I wounder if Harry regreats not taking the plea deal where he would of been out of prison by 10 years back in 1976 but the plea was for all 4 murders & he said he did not murder Ronnie but even if he did not murder him if he took the deal he would of been out of jail a long time ago.

Respond to this message   
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Re

February 19 2008, 4:25 PM 

Harry is in south woods, don't know where the hell that is. As I said he is a paralegal there, for the past 5 years. He got an associates degree, but said if you are over 26 they don't let you take college courses. He was in supply when he was at yardville. He gave me permission to reprint anything he wrote. He did say that he got car sick on the way to trenton for the last parole meeting. That is apparently very common as inmates have not been in anything moving in quite some time. There are no state prisons in bergen co.
NJ prison list
If you want to write you must get his id#, they will not go and find him out of the 3000 inmates there.

He has not heard from the last parole hearing. He speculates sending a brief to the public defender may have hurt his chances. I don't want to go into what it was about. He didn't go into any "what if's", but I could see, he still feels to have gotten a bum rap. And I don't want to discuss that either, I really don't care, and don't want to hear it. I will be asking him about getting out and how to cope with a new millennium full of stupid.

Harry also said that there weren't many people that he didn't care for at hills. He doesn't have any animosity, or grudges. In fact, he said he doesn't understand the people from the class that want nothing at all to do with it. (I sent reunion pictures) He also can't believe these people who can't get over high school!

He sent me a list of things they could buy, like the anti-shank toothbrush for only 11 cents! Yarmulkes only 34 cents! He said there are some things he would like but it's not easy to get anything approved. Everything is inspected, catalogs are about the only thing that gets in easily. They have to be sent from the source only.

Respond to this message   
Ed H
(no login)

February 11 2008, 3:13 PM 

Harry's family is dead! Getta gripp you.

Respond to this message   
tomster
(no login)

harry now

April 30 2011, 11:56 PM 

i spent twenty years on the inside with harry. a tad strange but he's no worse for wear.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on MoviesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement