Anyone's Son

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Untitled

December 2 2008 at 11:16 AM
AJ  (Login AJCS727)

I've been reading all these posts for the past 2 days and finally realize that I wasn't the only one to be "harrassed". Still thinking about it makes me sick. It wasn't just the 70's but the 80's as well. I graduated in 89 and let me tell you how relieved I was to get the hell out of there! I was tortured from kindergarten to senior year and beyond....I did make some great friends, most of them from surrounding schools. I don't believe that being teased, tormented, almost run down by an upperclassman with her car while walking home from school, etc, or in Fieldstone with the entire upper hallway (by Ms. Grasso's room) screaming at me was very conducive to my learning anything when I always had to look over my shoulder. Those of you who say that it's part of growing up need to know something. Some of you speak of Colombine...well it almost happened in Fieldstone...you see my dad owned a gunshop and the day of the hallway incident I seriously considered going home, to get my dad's pistol and finally stop being abused. The thought of it doesn't make me a physco, it makes me someone who just wanted to be left alone! A kid can only take so much so I can sympathize with Harry in certain respects. But being well brought up and having a family who stuck together I actually didn't go home but snuck into the principal's office and hid. I still remember Ms. Rosen running up the stairs asking if a riot was going on. My questions are why didn't the teachers do more to protect me and those like me? Why didn't the parents of these jerks take their kids in hand and explain to them that what they were doing wasn't right? I have to say that I did get one apology senior year from someone who had been in on it from the beginning ( you found me walking home from Woodcliff Lake after my accident....Thanks J!) I have a son now and do not not ever want him to have to deal with the crap my so called peers dealt me. I don't dwell on the past. I am very happy with my life, my wonderful husband and my son. I try not to think about Hills to much anymore and my experiences but I felt I had to speak out today. Anyone on this board who is just looking to get back at the people that were horrible just need to think about this.....what comes around goes around...eventually.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on MoviesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement